Dorn Has Heavy Tar Heel Connections

andrew jones

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jul 21, 2014
Dorn Has Heavy Tar Heel Connections

By Justin Rowland
Tar Heel Illustrated Staff Writer

Myles Dorn's father played for North Carolina and his mother attended the school. He made his fourth trip to UNC in only a year's time on Saturday.

The Charlotte Vance athlete may only be a two-star prospect but his offer list says colleges have a high opinion of him. Dorn, a 6-foot-2, 195-pound prospect, may be listed as a receiver. But he can actually play skill positions on both sides of the ball and he told THI that UNC is recruiting him as a safety. Wake Forest and Boston College do, too, and Tennessee thinks he can play on either side of the ball.

Dorn's Saturday trip to Chapel Hill wasn't so much about position talk as it was about becoming even more comfortable with the school. The coaches did a good job of helping in that regard, Dorn said.

"In the past year I want to say I've been up there three or four times," Dorn said. "I've been up for a football game, I've been for camp, a basketball game (against Duke) and then I went up just to go one time. The basketball game (Saturday night) was live. It was crazy in there.

"I talked to Coach (Gene) Chizik, the defensive backs coach, Coach (Gunter) Brewer … all of them, really," Dorn continued. "One thing that stands out about Carolina is how they're kinda changing things around on defense. That's always good. I like the atmosphere, too. And it's pretty close."

Dorn said he "wouldn't say he grew up a fan" of any program in particular but he did note both of his parents' histories with North Carolina, so that's impossible to ignore.

The Vance prospect plays on both sides of the ball at the high school level. He put up big stats last year, catching 75 passes for 1,300 yards and scoring 21 total touchdowns, including 19 as a receiver. He registered 77 tackles and picked off five passes on defense.

He told THI that he will definitely visit West Virginia in the near future and he hopes to visit Boston College at some point, too.
This post was edited on 3/9 10:23 AM by Andrew Jones

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News