ADVERTISEMENT

Draft tonight

dtodd4475

Hall of Famer
Jul 17, 2005
Should be interesting. A strong class for the top 6, but plenty of questions after. Sharpe still could be anywhere from 20ish to a 2nd rounder.

Thanks for the reminder.

Fingers crossed for Sharpe to do well.

I don't know why, since I'm usually a bit pissed off at OADs unless they really delivered for us (like Coby, for example, and unlike Bradley or Little), but I think Sharpe delivered pretty well for us in trying circumstances, and I think he's ready to go pro.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
FWIW, NBAdraft.net shows Sharpe going as the 34th pick.

They aren't the highest regarded mock site, but they did update yesterday.

Meanwhile, on the ESPN pre-draft list of "best available" Sharpe clocks in at #25.

Unfortunately, both NBAdraft.net and ESPN seem to agree that most of the late 1st round picks will go for guards. So being 25th best, doesn't necessarily translate into 1st round.

We'll see.

Honestly, I really wish Sharpe had have let himself have more options but the way he went about it pretty much closed the door for a return. He made that decision before Roy retired and Hubert being named head coach. Now I don't know if he would have done things differently had he known those things would happen but I do suspect he would have left the return to college door more open than he did. So why didn't he, I think the locker room was not the best we have had or even close and I think maybe Sharpe felt the way things were when he announced that moving on now was the better choice.

I think, had it been known that Roy would step down and Hubert would become our head coach and the changes that Hubert is locked in to bringing, 60/40 Sharpe would have come back and 80/20 Kessler would not have left.

I hope Sharpe goes high and even more important he has a great career in the NBA. I still think he would have been better off in the long run to stay another year at UNC but I understand the $$ to be made. Delayed gratification is not often on the tip of these young millionaire's tongues.

Looks like it will be a big trade night. Possible G.State trying to get Ben Simmons and maybe a available Dame or Brad Beal. Westbrook to the Lakers looks about a done deal already.

Those projections may have a whole different look with different teams moving up or down.

Congrats to Mr. Sharpe, got that 1st round call by the current NBA runner ups!!!! If the Suns keep him and it isn't part of a trade, the Valley could be a nice fit. Backup to Ayton, with great veteran guards to draw and lob.

He will be stepping in with the favorites, the star studded Brooklyn squad ( looks like they were the team enamored with him, trade for Shamet was predetermined). Run the court, get rebounds, bang, and work on that pick and roll/pop dee and O, and he may be able to carve out a solid backup role on a legit contender as a rook.

Time to work, and soak it all in from those vets big fella !!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm glad Day'Ron got selected in the first round. I think he can become a solid contributor for the Nets off the bench.

Dayron has a great opportunity, I think he’ll be a very good pro.
Purely selfishly, I wish he’d played another year, but only hope for him to succeed.

Matthew Butt Hurt had no other place to go! puke only wanted him to try to keep him from us. It is funny how little he developed and how one dimensional he turned out to be! Steward has never been anywhere close to as good as he thinks he is and his hubris + 0 development at puke = nothing!

Congrats Family!

Day'Ron should have a long pro career and hopefully, will become a Summer fixture in Chapel Hill!

^ With his very solid career stats in the Big Ten, national player of the year 20-21, size, consistency....l thought he would go much sooner than the 52nd pick.
He's your typical very good college player that isn't really built for the NBA style and speed. We've seen many of them bust in the lottery like Emeka Okafor, Frank Kaminsky, Adam Morrison, Sheldon Williams, etc. etc.

GMs, while dumb, aren't that dumb anymore. Garza, with today's NBA centers athleticism, wouldn't be able to guard anyone. He'll be a serviceable backup for a few seasons and make a few million, not a bad living.

He's your typical very good college player that isn't really built for the NBA style and speed. We've seen many of them bust in the lottery like Emeka Okafor, Frank Kaminsky, Adam Morrison, Sheldon Williams, etc. etc.

GMs, while dumb, aren't that dumb anymore. Garza, with today's NBA centers athleticism, wouldn't be able to guard anyone. He'll be a serviceable backup for a few seasons and make a few million, not a bad living.

... and unfortunately, Psycho T

GMs, while dumb, aren't that dumb anymore…..
I dunno dads… I reckon they’re just dumb in different areas. In 10 years we’ll look back at this draft and say: they actually picked that guy in the lottery??

Asking because it seems strange: why is Luka Garza the 52nd pick?
The short answer is defense. His inability to guard outside the lane. You cannot hide someone on defense in the league.

His offensive skillset does not look anywhere close to offsetting how teams will put him into pick and rolls and attack his limited ability to guard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT