ADVERTISEMENT

Drake & Keeshawn have earned 5 Stars

i hope i'm not jinxing things but what if Drake ends up being even better than Sam. can you imagine the next 3 or 4 years? and starting to add some defensive game changers as well! now let's get a nice DT/NG and a couple of nasty O linemen

Reactions: CURRY2WOODYR80
Back off a little there soldier. Drake has a considerable ways to go to prove he’s in Sam’s class. He may be, but that’s a very high bar. Sam is going to own pretty much all the UNC QB records when he leaves after three years!
You never truly know how things will pan out when making the jump from HS to P5 football, but Drake has all the tools, a whole lot of poise and polish...and yes, the "it" factor. I saw both in HS a few times and he resembles Sam in a lot of ways, except he's taller. I don't think it's wrong to have high expectations in this case.

Back off a little there soldier. Drake has a considerable ways to go to prove he’s in Sam’s class. He may be, but that’s a very high bar. Sam is going to own pretty much all the UNC QB records when he leaves after three years!
I stand by my opinion!

i've said many times i love having sam as our QB and i think he's amazing - best i ever remember at UNC. drake has higher recruiting numbers coming in (i know that's no guarantee) so who knows but seems possible he'll be as good or better. i do think being 3-5 inches taller makes many things much easier and i suspect he'll be at least as mobile as sam.

his dad did not have a good offensive line when he played QB at carolina, and he took a lot of sacks. but his toughness and leadership were remarkable. some of that's got to be genetic.

and let's not forget -- drake was strongly recruited by the guy who has the best eye for talent in college football: nick saban.

Drake has the better physical tools, there’s no question about that. But Sam is cold under pressure and that might be the single most important variable that sets apart great QB’s from very talented ones.

It will be very cool to see Drake become the 2nd UNC QB to win a national championship.

Sam throws a very “catchable” short and intermediate ball and he throws the deep ball at an elite level. Maye has all of the tools, but it is still TBD if he can be accurate and on time at the college level.

Reactions: Archer2
He’s a Maye, isn’t he?

The people having those great expectations will be the same ones who criticize him the most if he doesn’t live up to their expectations. We see this every year in football and basketball.

Drake is Drake, not Sam Howel.2.
you will never seen one iota of criticism from me on Drake.
I will pull for him hard win or lose, just as I did for his Dad
Drake is a different player than Sam, different style

Sam will leave as the best UNC QB ever but that doesn't mean that Drake might not be better. Drake definitely has some physical advantages but like others said - calmness under pressure and accuracy remain to be seen. I hope that every 3 years we get the best UNC QB ever.

Drake Maye should work his way into the starting job this coming season. Champions aren't built on sentimentality. Clear the deadwood out and keep progressing.

I kid. But I can hardly wait to see him play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT