ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs UNC - Early Matchup Guesses

I liked what I saw in the Cade clips I watched, but I'd rather see JWash in the Manek role. That makes JWit play center, but if Cade and JWash attract the defenses the way they should, and if EC gets more active with alley oops, JWit could thrive in an uncrowded middle.

Notice the outside shooting potential

EC
RJ
Cade
JWash
JWit

And imagine if JWit rediscovers his outside touch, as well.

BTW, I also noticed that Cade was pretty good on the drive. I hope that translates to this level.
That would be ideal for Washington's future, but as much I would like to see it,I struggle to see him moving on the perimeter. I see zero Manek. A Brook Lopez type I can see.

just curious..how hasn't scheyer shown any consistency in two seasons?... going 54-18 (27-9 in each), quality wins, an ACCt Title , an undefeated home slate in season 1, and an Elite 8 appearance in just two seasons
Only 2 years in, but I agree solid start. Been consistent. I think the comment was more expecting Final Four, or Championship, 30 plus win squads as the "constant" starting point. Spoiled fan bases judge successful starts harshly.

Aren't we watching two dominant teams in the NBA beating two teams known for defense by being proficient at 3pt range AND mid-range??? Kyrie and Luka live in the mid-range but peeps don't want our PG to have floaters and elbow jumpers in his game??? Seems a little silly on its face to me! EC is best served by using his willingness to take and make a few 3 pointers to augment his drive+finish/dish OR pull up from mid-range to sink floaters or 12-15 foot jumpers! RJ is good at it too and should do it even more! If JWash can stretch the floor and Tyson can continue to shoot well, the lane will be more open as well!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT