ADVERTISEMENT

Efton Reid #2

From what I’ve read, he sees himself as a OAD. Do we really want to continue going down the OAD rabbit hole? That means relying on the portal for stop gap players every year. Is that what UNC basketball is to become? I hope not but I fear it is.

Reactions: TheGLOV
From what I’ve read, he sees himself as a OAD. Do we really want to continue going down the OAD rabbit hole? That means relying on the portal for stop gap players every year. Is that what UNC basketball is to become? I hope not but I fear it is.
Unfortunately this is what college basketball has become. Since UNC is part of college basketball we arent immune to the negatives. We just have to hope that our positives outweigh the negatives. College basketball is the last bastion of watchable sports for me so I hope they dont screw this up.

With that being said, if a potential draft pick wants to come to UNC, I say we take him. If nothing more than so that someone else doesnt get him. And if it works out great, if not...bye. it aint much different than bringing in the grad transfers from yesteryear and the disgruntled players from other teams starting this year. And lets be honest...if these transfers were so great, they wouldnt be looking to transfer as they would have been getting the playing time they wanted. Cam came in broken and took some time to become the stud he became.

College basketball is becoming an impossible balancing act for coaches. They have to figure out rosters from among OAD's from hs, transfer guys who are looking to transfer for more playing time or better situation plus developing returning players. Say you are losing a starting pg, do you focus on the guy definitely planning on one year in college, a hs pg who is possibly 2 or 3 year player and risk him having great freshman year like Colby or hope there is transfer available? Add in a returning soph or junior who you think could be the guy but you're not sure and it is mind numbing. Oh, and you get to figure all this out during the season while you are trying to coach.

College basketball is getting to the point where you almost need a GM to handle rosters (especially with the NIL stuff) and a coach to take care of x's and o's.

College basketball is becoming an impossible balancing act for coaches. They have to figure out rosters from among OAD's from hs, transfer guys who are looking to transfer for more playing time or better situation plus developing returning players. Say you are losing a starting pg, do you focus on the guy definitely planning on one year in college, a hs pg who is possibly 2 or 3 year player and risk him having great freshman year like Colby or hope there is transfer available? Add in a returning soph or junior who you think could be the guy but you're not sure and it is mind numbing. Oh, and you get to figure all this out during the season while you are trying to coach.

College basketball is getting to the point where you almost need a GM to handle rosters (especially with the NIL stuff) and a coach to take care of x's and o's.
I agree that ongoing roster changes and players not staying with a team will make the coaching job impossible to focus on the X’s and O’s. I fear the game has taken a turn for the worse and the changes make the game difficult for the fans as well.

The changes mean I will focus even more on the name on the front of the jersey since the names on the back will change so often! I'm hoping that the Family atmosphere can still get some peeps to hang around a bit and become fan favs!
(or whipping boys as the case may be, lol)

Reactions: TheGLOV and UNC-75
UVA has signed the top international player. Now with him and Jayden Gardner, it would be hard to believe that Reid still considers UVA has a "closer to home" choice. This is more news that could help us in this recruitment. I know nothing, but I'm hoping that the delay in his recruitment is because he is trying to check his eligibility of admission to UNC!!!

UVA has signed the top international player. Now with him and Jayden Gardner, it would be hard to believe that Reid still considers UVA has a "closer to home" choice. This is more news that could help us in this recruitment. I know nothing, but I'm hoping that the delay in his recruitment is because he is trying to check his eligibility of admission to UNC!!!

Positive thoughts!!

Reactions: CJBlue and TPFKAPFS
Did the Heels offer Reid a scholarship?
No offer announced by either side. I certainly don't know, but I suspect that UNC passed. I'm consistently amazed by how bad highly rated big men can be as freshmen. The Tar Heels do need a strong, defensive Center. An insurance policy for injury or foul trouble to Bacot.
I would love to see Hubert think outside the box. Perhaps a 6'6" and 300 pound graduated defensive lineman from an SEC school or a Dennis Rodman type from an NAIA school. Or a 25 year old man getting out of the Army who grew 3 inches since high school. Just someone to do the dirty work.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Do we have any chance?

It seems like such a natural fit that benefits both parties (unless of course he wants to be featured at the expense of the teams success). Then there are these blue colored shades I wear too.

We have a chance and we didn't "pass" We may not get him but it won't be because we didn't have a chance or passed no matter what those living under bridges might say! Hubs and May got him to consider us strongly and I'm going to be very interested in his announcement. The program is in great hands!

We have a chance and we didn't "pass" We may not get him but it won't be because we didn't have a chance or passed no matter what those living under bridges might say! Hubs and May got him to consider us strongly and I'm going to be very interested in his announcement. The program is in great hands!
Would be a huge get! So I’m guessing we have offered? I just never saw anything public??

Reactions: bobcrane14
Just wondering...since Hubs will honor Coach Williams promise to Silver to let him walk on the team, why can Boaz play as well? I know, I know...he's not a basketball player BUT he is 6'8. If only for 4-6 minutes a game to give a break to our shortage of big men.

If this is the case then Hubcap must have offered Reid a scholly.

Reactions: bobcrane14
Just wondering...since Hubs will honor Coach Williams promise to Silver to let him walk on the team, why can Boaz play as well? I know, I know...he's not a basketball player BUT he is 6'8. If only for 4-6 minutes a game to give a break to our shortage of big men.
Boaz was a tremendous high school basketball player. He averaged about 15 points and 11 rebounds for a good Mt. Airy team. It’s only the 1-A level. He is not good enough to play basketball at UNC, but occasionally practicing with the team is an interesting idea

If Hubert signs Reid, that will make me feel a lot better about his ability to recruit.

Since we don't want Brady playing center, there's 40 minutes at C to divide with Bacot, plus some time at PF for either Bacot or Reid to show their "stretch" chops. That should be more than enough PT for Reid.

Doesn't leave much PT for McKoy or Styles, though - even if you think Leaky might play fewer minutes.

Doesnt seem to be much buzz on twitter about UNC and Reid. Although Kesller committed out of the blue a couple years ago sooo I guess you never know..

Probably a real good idea to make fun of the mother of someone who we would like to join our Family!

Join the Family, Mr. Reid!

Yes.. and have Mama Bear pack you a snack for the Press Conference... bring milk and cookies.

Would be a huge get! So I’m guessing we have offered? I just never saw anything public??
On The Radar
Pos.Recruit
CEfton Reid
5-star.gif

Bradenton, FL (IMG Academy)

So no offer but at noted above UNC has been in contact...Danny, do you do drugs?

As I've said before, I'd love to have Mr. Reid join the family. There seems to be uncertainty as to if UNC has even offered him a scholarship so I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT