ADVERTISEMENT

Efton Reid #2

Wonder who we target now? We have to get another big.
According to 247 (which may not be up to date) Moussa Cisse is the only 5-star center left in the portal and all the 4-star centers are gone. So I guess we're looking for a 3-star center who has proved better than his HS ranking.

There are still a bunch of 4-star PFs in the portal. And a couple of interesting SFs.

Hubert is coaching at UNC, played in the NBA for years, and is African American
Given his age, I think Hubert is going to (or should) concentrate more on recruiting the parents. Leave most of the recruiting of the players to someone like May. I think both will relate more to each group. It's not a dig at either, it's just the way of the world. Kids are going to relate more to the younger generation. My guess is May is more likely to know that J. Cole just dropped some new music. Hubert can be the father figure away from home for the parents.

Given his age, I think Hubert is going to (or should) concentrate more on recruiting the parents. Leave most of the recruiting of the players to someone like May. I think both will relate more to each group. It's not a dig at either, it's just the way of the world. Kids are going to relate more to the younger generation. My guess is May is more likely to know that J. Cole just dropped some new music. Hubert can be the father figure away from home for the parents.
Agreed. I believe May is the lead recruiter for Washington (from Indiana like May, so I like our chances) and Livingston. So it seems Hubert has made May the lead recruiter.

If I were coaching, I would pay the players. I would start by eliminating the fourth and fifth assistant positions. They're not even allowed to coach in practice. A head coach and three assistants is more than enough. I would funnel the money saved by eliminating those positions to the players. Voila', a much better use of funds

Every time we lose a recruit people say it’s because they took money. 😂
False.

But if you know anything about Lsu/SEC recruiting it's no secret how things are done down here.
My point is that kid and especially that mom wanted "promises" and certain intangibles that Roy, and now Hubert were NOT willing to offer.

Now you can form your own conclusion if those promises and intangibles are money or something else.
Either way HD doesn't need to start his career as a head coach dealing with a family like that.
For the last time, good riddance.

Look, there were red flags all over this recruitment. Usually when there’s smoke, there’s fire. I’m glad he chose another school. It’s not just important that we win, it needs to be done the right way.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS and UNC-75
IF the IARP finds Wade guilty of an infraction that meets his contract definition of a violation that warrants his dismissal (Level 1 or Level 2 violation) does Reid get to keep the money? Does Wade get back his forfeited $250,000.00 if he gets canned? Is Reid free to enter into the transfer portal if Wade goes bye bye as long as school hasn't started? Does the IARP even come to a conclusion prior to Reid entering the NBA? So many questions to ask. At least we got the thread back on the intended subject. :eek:

I think that he selected the college farthest from home to escape Mama Bear. I don't think that he's good enough to pay much

False.

But if you know anything about Lsu/SEC recruiting it's no secret how things are done down here.
My point is that kid and especially that mom wanted "promises" and certain intangibles that Roy, and now Hubert were NOT willing to offer.

Now you can form your own conclusion if those promises and intangibles are money or something else.
Either way HD doesn't need to start his career as a head coach dealing with a family like that.
For the last time, good riddance.
Kids and parents want promises of playing time, to start, etc.

Like I said in another post, if it were an isolated case for LSU only it would be one thing, but we hear it a lot when a kid picks other places.

I agree the racism in KY and other places is quite liminal! (not SUB liminal at all)

Definition: The liminal space can bring us face-to-face with our inner fears about who we are, how we show up in the world, our strengths and vulnerabilities, and our successes and disappointments. It can cause us to question the very core of our beliefs, practices, and identities.

And it is also BS!

basketball is now stupid tough for college coaches. looks like coaches need 2 managers, one to build rosters and other to handle plays

why everyone believe transfers are dope. if they good, they stay put, but they aint

they aint dope

basketball is now stupid tough for college coaches. looks like coaches need 2 managers, one to build rosters and other to handle plays

why everyone believe transfers are dope. if they good, they stay put, but they aint

they aint dope
Up with Hope; Down with Dope!

• Haha
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
If it were limited to recruits we lose to LSU you may have something. We hear it on these boards all the time when a recruit picks somewhere else.
On the other hand, they stop taking money to play we will stop saying they did! LOL

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
ADVERTISEMENT