ADVERTISEMENT

Email from Bubba

Kool1234567

Sophomore
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2023
This is the response I got from Bubba after Saturday night….

Thank you for your note. Saturday’s performance at NC State, particularly in the first half, was frustrating, disappointing and just plain hard – for our student-athletes, coaches and fans. Coach Brown hates losing, has taken responsibility for the loss, and as you would expect is already preparing for our Bowl.

We have great expectations for our Football program, and thanks to Coach Brown we are meeting many of them. We recruit talented student-athletes. Our program has a strong committed culture. We graduate proud Tar Heels who are good citizens and give back. Coach Brown has won more than 100 games over his two stretches at UNC, and he has coached 12 of our last 23 winning football seasons.

We also want to consistently compete for ACC championships and CFP berths, and it is frustrating for everyone – including Coach Brown and his staff – to start seasons strong and then struggle at the end. That’s why Coach Brown and I are committed to continuing to look for ways to improve the program, and we will continue to discuss options after the season concludes. Right now, we want to ensure that our current team is prepared for its next game and has the best experience possible at our Bowl. We hope you will continue to support the team, particularly the student-athletes.

Thank you again for taking the time to write and to share your perspective.

Go Heels!

Sincerely,

Bubba

He ignored me this time. I reminded him that I told him after Mack's 3rd year he should be fired because Mack was showing every fault and flaw that rightly got him fired at Texas. I got a form response to that, much like you got.

You can bet that virtually all boosters who are either basketball-only or basketball-first want Mack to stay, until he's at least 80.

What exactly do you guys expect? Surely you don't think the AD of a major university is going to personally respond to all the emails he gets from people complaining.

What exactly do you guys expect? Surely you don't think the AD of a major university is going to personally respond to all the emails he gets from people complaining.
no, no more than I expect him to do one damn thing that actually improves the situation. He knows which way the wind blows and who holds the reigns and who pays his salary. And I said as much several times recently, so this isn't solely in response to the communication being discussed. Bubba is a puppet. A decent man I'm sure, but you can see the strings.

no, no more than I expect him to do one damn thing that actually improves the situation. He knows which way the wind blows and who holds the reigns and who pays his salary. And I said as much several times recently, so this isn't solely in response to the communication being discussed. Bubba is a puppet. A decent man I'm sure, but you can see the strings.
No athletic director makes decisions on their own. There is always a balancing act they have to play between the coaches, chancellor and the money men. Bubba's done a pretty good job with it. I'm hoping that he will get more input on the coaching search for football (whenever it comes) because he's done a pretty good job with the other sports (other than basketball because that was Roy's decision).

Just wondering, three times in Bubba's email he used the words "student-athletes", is
players now the new bad word that no one can say.

Wonder if the chemistry majors who play intramurals are called athlete-students?

No athletic director makes decisions on their own. There is always a balancing act they have to play between the coaches, chancellor and the money men. Bubba's done a pretty good job with it. I'm hoping that he will get more input on the coaching search for football (whenever it comes) because he's done a pretty good job with the other sports (other than basketball because that was Roy's decision).
who does he ask when he needs to visit the restroom? He can't decide to do that all on his own, can he? The chancellor and the money men must be on speed dial.

Of course he is supposed to act without asking for permission from the PTB.
Otherwise, why have an AD? He doesn't make MAJOR decisions on his own of course and nowhere did I imply that he should or could or would. I said he wouldn't do anything to make the situation better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT