ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN ACC power rankings

I understand that it is hard to rank the coastal, but putting us below Wake Forest is nonsense.

Reactions: lerario
These folks need to have their heads examined if they think we're the 11th best team in the league. Print that one out and pin it up in the locker room.

Reactions: lerario
We have tons of questions right now, and obviously lost tons of talent and experience on offense so its understandable that we aren't getting much hype right now. I definitely do not think we will be the 11th best team in the conference though. The D is primed to take a step forward, the OL should stabilize with the addition of grad transfers and should be an improvement over last year's injury riddled group. Until I see otherwise I'm giving Fed and staff the benefit of the doubt on getting at least one of the QBs ready to play. The O make take a few games to come together but once it does we'll be fine. I'm fine with the low expectations for now though, will just generate more positive buzz when we "exceed" those expectations next year even though we all know things aren't as dire as they are being made out to be.

Reactions: Archer2
We have tons of questions right now, and obviously lost tons of talent and experience on offense so its understandable that we aren't getting much hype right now. I definitely do not think we will be the 11th best team in the conference though. The D is primed to take a step forward, the OL should stabilize with the addition of grad transfers and should be an improvement over last year's injury riddled group. Until I see otherwise I'm giving Fed and staff the benefit of the doubt on getting at least one of the QBs ready to play. The O make take a few games to come together but once it does we'll be fine. I'm fine with the low expectations for now though, will just generate more positive buzz when we "exceed" those expectations next year even though we all know things aren't as dire as they are being made out to be.
I also am happy with most people seeing us as having a down year. We need motivation, because we do lack experience. In many ways, 2017 is to get us to 2018 with experienced depth. So a bowl with many young guys seeing the field, certainly if at least 1 of the young QBs gets some snaps, means a successful 2017.

We have a lot of questions but there is no way that wake Forest is above us we should.be around 6-7 should.not be below 8

Holy crap I hope this doesn't come to fruition. I know we lost a lot of offensive firepower, but 11th? This year will be a challenge for sure; let's see if the Fed can rise to it.

Reactions: Archer2
UNC was not that great last year with all that offensive firepower. Hate to burst the bubble, but UNC is going to be awful next year. Hope I am proven wrong, but not looking good. Less talent and same dumb coaching decisions, could be in for a losing season.

UNC was not that great last year with all that offensive firepower. Hate to burst the bubble, but UNC is going to be awful next year. Hope I am proven wrong, but not looking good. Less talent and same dumb coaching decisions, could be in for a losing season.
6-6 or 7-5.

This season will start the slide back to true mediocrity and start the clock on Fed leaving in the next 3 years. I hope it's not the case but I think it is....

This season will start the slide back to true mediocrity and start the clock on Fed leaving in the next 3 years. I hope it's not the case but I think it is....

I have no problem with your half-empty perspective on 2017, but what makes you say "slide back"? Do you see 2018 being bad also?

Defensively, the front 7 will be crazy deep and experienced unless Andre Smith goes early. Aside from Myles Dorn we don't know what the secondary will look like, but Rene, Cotman, Sails, Shaw were all 4*, so it wouldn't be crazy to expect our corners to at least be talented. I'm a tad worried about Safety, but not by much.

Offensively we lose Austin Proehl, The LSU QB, and Spain, Khaleil Rodgers, Cam Dillard, RJ Prince all graduate. So the OL could lose a bunch of starters, making us a little inexperienced. ARW, Cauthen, Mollette, Roscoe, Dyami, Corrales, Thomas Jackson - a few will shine by then.

But that could be just 5 starters from the entire O leaving and just 3 starters from the entire D (4 if you include Cayson in our rare 3-person LB package).

Last edited:
We've underachieved with far greater talent than we will roll out this year. We also can't seem to turn the corner in recruiting on the defensive side of the ball which doesn't bode well when our defense has been trash for the most part. My concern is that we don't have the offensive firepower this year to help offset our deficiencies in the defensive end.

ADVERTISEMENT