ADVERTISEMENT

Fact: Roy Williams Better Coaching Numbers Than "K"ay Since Roy Came Home..

Breath of fresh air.... I'll say it again. We are damn lucky to have Roy Williams at UNC

Originally posted by ROYANDDEAN:

Breath of fresh air.... I'll say it again. We are damn lucky to have Roy Williams at UNC
Agree 1000%. The only coach i would trade Roy for left us about two weeks ago. I hope he hears fhe appreciation as loudly as the incessant complaining.

This post was edited on 2/20 12:31 PM by RP12

Sports fans are irrational. Before K won the Title in 2010, the common message from A LOT of people was K was done, well past his prime and slipping. Things happen in cycles. Recruiting, being up, down, etc. I'm happy to have Roy. He wins at a rate higher than our historical average and one that would be #1 ALL-TIME for a program in terms of winning %. Fans get spoiled and fail to see the big picture.

Originally posted by petesup23:
LOL. Come on guys
...and yet another low-post troll appears. Weak.
flush.r191677.gif

LOL. Come on guys
come on what goober? Okay if not Roy then who. The guy has won 79% of the games he coached 2 national championships. I don't get it Go away

Originally posted by gary-7:

LOL. Come on guys
...and yet another low-post troll appears. Weak.
flush.r191677.gif
Gary - what?! "Come on guys" isn't a compelling debate / logic argument to you?

I think some of the discrepancy stats regarding K's ACC success vs. the tourney is: he has been quite successful in intimidation within the ACC; officials are buying the constant berating and intimidation and "style of play" he's selling. On a national stage..... not so much.

Is Roy the perfect coach? No he's not but he is the perfect coach for Carolina!

He makes some mistakes and does things from time to time that makes me scratch my head but I'm not in practices or game huddles. I nor anyone else knows if the playears are just not doing what he is teaching or coaching them to do.

Anyone that don't like what's going on not go back and think about the Dough years and then as yourself what you think about Roy!

I would take Roy everyday of the week!

Exactly, K doesn't even have that winning % with all the home games and cupcake OOC games he schedules.

Any other coach at UNC wouldn't have the same winning %.

Coach Williams end of year numbers (March-April) are far better than "K"ay's numbers since Coach came home. Dook has ACC numbers BUT they lose it on the National Scale more often than not...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT