Falcon Has N.C. Ties

andrew jones

Hall of Famer
Staff
Jul 21, 2014
Falcon Has N.C. Ties

By Justin Rowland
Tar Heels Illustrated Staff Writer

North Carolina's offer might not have been expected but Matt Falcon tells THI that he's somewhat familiar with the school.

Falcon is actually a native of the state. He was born in Fayetteville, N.C., to a military family. He also lived in Winston-Salem briefly, but he and his family relocated to Michigan when he was still very young. Though he has a personal and family history in North Carolina that was a long time ago and that history doesn't seem like it will be a significant factor in his choice of a college.

The Tar Heels offered Falcon last Friday and the 6-foot-1, 210-pound back from Southfield, Mich., told TarHeelIllustrated.com that he's grateful.

"I've been talking to North Carolina for a while now," Falcon said. "I went down to the camp in the middle of last June and since then I've been having here and there conversations with them. They really kicked it back up talking to me more about a week ago."

It was Keith Gilmore that had been recruiting Falcon. With Gilmore no longer on the staff someone else has picked up the slack. Larry Fedora.

"Now I just talk to the head coach," he said. "I like the school. I've visited. I'm from North Carolina. It was kinda cool to get an offer from them. I like North Carolina and I like what they're about. I like what their football program's about."

Now that UNC has offered will Falcon visit Chapel Hill again?

"It's kinda too early to say," he responded. "I like North Carolina so I wouldn't have a problem going back down there and visiting the school. It's just the fact that I would need to find a time when I'm able to get down there."

Indiana and Toledo are the two latest visits for Falcon. He said he will visit West Virginia on Sunday. He also plans to visit Notre Dame later in March.

This post was edited on 3/11 10:22 PM by Andrew Jones

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News