Sugar babies
Whoppers

Shit pile to slough off on younger sisters:

Suckers/ lollipops hard candy of any kind
Gum
Dark chocolate
Licorice
Good n plenty
Pretty good list. I'm even older and remember popcorn balls and apples.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
We had The resident old fart get off my grass That every neighborhood has. Every Halloween he would turn off his lights and refused to hand out candy. Of course we were having none of that and tortured him with dingdong ditch and other clever shenanigans. Finally one year we were glad to see that he gave in and was passing out treats. we got home and found dog biscuits in our bags. Well played old man

Favorites? Snickers, three musketeers, and any dark chocolate ya might get lucky enough to find.

Those sick f*cks that give out whoppers and baby ruths should be sent to the gulags.

I’m old af so a lot of good stuff today wasn’t around then

Smarties
Snickers
Raisinettes
Nestles crunch
Almond joy
Sugar babies
Whoppers

Shit pile to slough off on younger sisters:

Suckers/ lollipops hard candy of any kind
Gum
Dark chocolate
Licorice
Good n plenty

Pretty solid lists. Junior Mints and pretty much anything King Size were also winners for me.

Candy corn sucked then, and still sucks now.

Blow pops was the prize in the crackerjack box.
Sweettarts = da bomb. Still to this day.

Have we had a candy tournament?

We had TWO....TWO trick or treaters. Wtf. We usually get a steady stream of prob a couple dozen. Now there’s an issue with all this candy.....

We had TWO....TWO trick or treaters. Wtf. We usually get a steady stream of prob a couple dozen. Now there’s an issue with all this candy.....
It's the rona. Either they are worried about catching it or didn't want to waste money on a costume not knowing if people were going to be passing out candy. We just decided to stay in instead of spending $100 on costumes to get three pieces of candy.

not a candy aficionado, but I'd have to go with Heath Bar minis. That being said, what's the problem with Baby Ruth? I thought that was a well-regarded and iconic candy bar. Is it like my old favorite, the Zero Bar? I hadn't had one in ages and saw one at the supermarket checkout and my mouth started watering nostalgically. Got one and took a bite out of it and it had almost no flavor and tasted more like the wrapper than like a candy bar. So I put it back on the rack.

Butterfingers was my gma's favorite. She would keep them in the fridge. To me, it was an odd kind of candy bar. Very crunchy layers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT