ADVERTISEMENT

Filipowski to duke...

DSouthr

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2002
Wish we could have got him in for a visit but hey, don't get them all!

Could his decision not to visit have something to do with another big man (that plays the same position) that has visited UNC, could there be a "lively" conversation about this one day soon?

puke's cachet is sinking like the Titanic! Soon the other rats will follow their leader off that vessel!

Reactions: TheGLOV
I would liked to have gotten Filipowski, but after watching Traudt, I'd be happy to land him. A bit scrawnier and lower ranked, but he looks like a good one with similar upside once he bulks up a bit.

I would liked to have gotten Filipowski, but after watching Traudt, I'd be happy to land him. A bit scrawnier and lower ranked, but he looks like a good one with similar upside once he bulks up a bit.
Love Troudt, while most are drawn to his ability to shoot from deep for a power forward, I am more drawn to the grit he seems to play with. While it would be unfair to try to compare his motor to T-50s, it is darn impressive. Being honest, I prefer Troudt to Lively because I see Troudt as one of those guys that could stay in the college game for 3-4yrs and just getting better each season. I would be shocked to see Lively spend more than a single season in college ball and even that is not yet a certainty.

And yes, Filo reminded me as well as another Plumley, hope he does not have any brothers!

Ah well, it is a good get for them. I do think we will continue do do very well in this class. Keep 'em coming Coach Davis, keep 'em coming.

Reactions: shun1 and TheGLOV
Being honest, I prefer Troudt to Lively because I see Troudt as one of those guys that could stay in the college game for 3-4yrs and just getting better each season. I would be shocked to see Lively spend more than a single season in college ball and even that is not yet a certainty.
I feel the same way.

You don't turn down a kid like Lively if he's available, but Trout should be really good, and for a longer time.

I feel the same way.

You don't turn down a kid like Lively if he's available, but Trout should be really good, and for a longer time.
Troudt is at very least in my opinion a 3 level scorer, he can take you outside, hit the mid range and score at the rim. Lively, my opinion is a longer and maybe more bouncy version of Bacot and that would be awesome for us but not as diverse as Troudt. The real value of Lively, again, my opinion, is that he is a rim protector in the ilk of Henson but maybe longer. That is actually kinda how I see him, as a longer version of Henson (BTW, I LOVED Henson after he moved to the 4) that does not believe he is a wing. The problem is he is 7ft + and the NBA scoops those guys up quick if they show they can play. Troudt, IMO, is more advanced skill wise, Lively is by far the greater upside natural talent.

Troudt is at very least in my opinion a 3 level scorer, he can take you outside, hit the mid range and score at the rim. Lively, my opinion is a longer and maybe more bouncy version of Bacot and that would be awesome for us but not as diverse as Troudt. The real value of Lively, again, my opinion, is that he is a rim protector in the ilk of Henson but maybe longer. That is actually kinda how I see him, as a longer version of Henson (BTW, I LOVED Henson after he moved to the 4) that does not believe he is a wing. The problem is he is 7ft + and the NBA scoops those guys up quick if they show they can play. Troudt, IMO, is more advanced skill wise, Lively is by far the greater upside natural talent.
Troudt also has a very good handle for a guy his size.

If you are trying to build a team with good mobility and keeps the ball moving, that's a plus.

Troudt also has a very good handle for a guy his size.

If you are trying to build a team with good mobility and keeps the ball moving, that's a plus.
I know you have noticed how I have said things for a while now concerning big men for the nest class, think I have consistently said my preferences were Filipowski and Troudt, those are the 2 names I have centered on because I do see them as 2 very similar type players. Filo is a bit longer, Troudt has a touch higher reving motor and a bit more skilled, Filo is now a dukie that did not visit us after getting the offer that he did want from us. So why didn't Filo visit us, no duke did NOT want him to visit us but why didn't he? Maybe because he is hearing things about UNC and Troudt...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT