ADVERTISEMENT

Finding Root in the Fourth-Quarter Defensive Issues

Sponsored by: @Andy MyPerfectFranchise.Net**

*Hate your job?

*Hate your boss?

*Ready to take control of your career?

Call Andy Luedecke to learn more. Consultation is FREE, and he can help you find your perfect franchise. He did it for himself. Dumpster & porta potties are two of his franchises, and so many different things can be yours.

Find Your Perfect Franchise at MyPerfectFranchise.Net. Contact Andy Luedecke anytime at aluedecke@myperfectfranchise.net or (404) 973-9901.

The 4th quarter issues on D are very much about the failures to develop any depth. For example, the utter incompetence of now dismissed Dre Bly or still-with-UNC Tim Cross has meant I have said very little about how poorly Tommy Thigpen develops talent. I believe that Gray and Echols have played more snaps than all other LBs in the country. That means we have 0 depth at LB. Our 2 starting LBs are #s 1 and 2 in the country in downs played.

Thigpen seems to me obviously better than Cross, and we still have 0 depth at LB.

The D staff Mack chose and keeps simply cannot get the job done. The D that staff puts on the field will never be up to par across an entire season. It always lacks depth, and it always has staters who make major mistakes.

The 4th quarter issues on D are very much about the failures to develop any depth. For example, the utter incompetence of now dismissed Dre Bly or still-with-UNC Tim Cross has meant I have said very little about how poorly Tommy Thigpen develops talent. I believe that Gray and Echols have played more snaps than all other LBs in the country. That means we have 0 depth at LB. Our 2 starting LBs are #s 1 and 2 in the country in downs played.

Thigpen seems to me obviously better than Cross, and we still have 0 depth at LB.

The D staff Mack chose and keeps simply cannot get the job done. The D that staff puts on the field will never be up to par across an entire season. It always lacks depth, and it always has staters who make major mistakes.

In Thigpen's defense, he develpped Chazz into an NFL player after never playing the position and moving over from QB, and he developed a low 3-star in Gray into an NFL player. He was also integral in Holcomb's (a walk-on) last year making him an NFL player.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT