ADVERTISEMENT

For Bacot to leave after the coming season, what he need to improve?

DSouthr

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2002
EVERYONE (me included) expect Bacot to leave after the coming season, Garcia as well. BOTH kicked the tires on the NBA this off season and both came back. Tells me clearly the NBA feels what they have seen so far is not what they are looking for, means some aspect of their game has to improve in order for the NBA to get serious. My question is what weak spots of their games do you see that you feel will improve to the extent the NBA is ready for them after next season?

With Bacot, I think he can become more physically imposing by killing it in the weight room and show a dependable mid range jumper. I think he needs to slow down just a little bit, not as much as when he was a freshman but he still IMO rushes himself a bit to much. I as well think he needs to really up his % from the free throw line, you have to cash in those and 1 points.

I think with Garcia it is about getting physically stronger, going toe to toe with other big men and being able to play thru contact, as well as hold his position and not being moved out.

And still, going though this post, maybe I am not as sure both will actually leave after the coming season as I thought I was? While I do think there is another level Garcia can get to, not yet convinced there is another level for Bacot to elevate his play to soon enough for the NBA to be drooling for him after this coming season. Thou, if we get to the final 4 or beyond, all bets are off!

To me, modern big men NBA boxes
- Shooting
- Strong
- Shot Blocking
- Rebounds
- Finisher (lobs/rebounds)
- Handle PicknRoll (offense and defense)
- Defend guards for bursts

How many boxes do you think Bacot currently checks at an NBA Level?

Bacot with more patience around the rim, better % from the freethrow, and a more effective mid-range shot is a good to great backup Big with a 10 + year career. If he also becomes a better face up shooter/slasher/.distributor + improves his footwork to the point he is reliable in perimeter D, dadgum it, he is starter material!

He needs to be more consistent, especially in his ball control near the rim. He is one of those that sometimes suddenly thinks he is a guard and dribbles around when looking for a shot. That often doesn't end well. But no matter if he improves that facet of his game or not, he is gone come next spring

i wonder how much he will make from NIL. It may keep him around depending on NBA projection. I think he will be too good to stay, but you never know.

ADVERTISEMENT