ADVERTISEMENT

For the Love of God, Swing Your Arms!

Apr 19, 2007
I haven't been on this board in what seems like forever. I hope everyone is having a good 2021 so far.

I've noticed a few quirks about some Tar Heels over the years: Quentin Thomas always signaled for a teammate to "come here" to set a pick for the guy after making a pass (drove me crazy), Danny Greene would clap his hands after being involved in a play that resulted in a dead ball, etc.

I figure this has come up before, but have you guys noticed Garrison Brooks doesn't bend and swing his arms while running back on defense after he scores? It reminds me of the lady on Seinfeld who didn't swing her arms when she walked. Just an observation on a slow Sunday. No big deal.

Last edited:
I have noticed that (G running funny) and it seems to me he doesn't want to bend his back. Also noticed he tries to go after those low bounce passes with as little bending of his back as he can. Probably my imagination cause I'm bored too.

Very good points regarding Brooks. Could be a back injury. About a month ago after one of Gary’s posts, I said that it looked like a quadriceps injury. He played 35 minutes at Duke, so it isn’t awful, but his stride looks shorter

DG also runs funny! His torso is very upright. Hans had the "Hans Shuffle" as he set his feet. Opponents seemed to believe it a violation, hmmmm..... Sheed had a face that communicated his every thought, lol! Phil Ford had the spins with his legs never under him!

I love these little quirks and often note them with my game watching crew!

Phil Ford could dribble the ball through a haystack and come out the other side with no hay on him.

He could dribble through a rain storm and neither he nor the ball would get wet.

Magic.

Of course that could just be my fading memory after all these years.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Clapping your hands after being involved in a play... yeeaahhh that is some real quirky stuff right there. Imagine... a basketball player clapping their hands after a play.. Just blowing my mind the quirkiness of that. :p

ADVERTISEMENT