ADVERTISEMENT

Friday EYBL Notes from Indy (5/17)

David Sisk

Jun 10, 2015
Sorry I have been off the board today. I left this morning at 8:00 A.M. and finally settled down in the hotel room about 16 hours later after a long drive and six hours of games. This was the first live event of the spring in which college coaches can get out. Jeff Lebo and Brad Frederick are in Indiana while Hubert Davis and Sean May are at the Adidas event in Texas.

I started out with the Nightrydas out of Florida. They were good enough with the Boozer twins. Now they have picked up Caleb Wilson who has switched teams from the Georgia Stars. The trio combined for 49 points, 15 rebounds, and 13 assists. I love how they compliment each other. Wilson and Cameron Boozer are both around 6-8, but they are different players who compliment each other. Wilson plays more on the perimeter Boozer handles the paint. They may be the team to beat now in the EYBL.

Jasper Johnson had 20 points on just eight shots for Team Thad. He hit all three of his trifecta attempts. He looks to be turning more and more into a scoring on-ball guard. Lebo watched this game while Frederick took in the Nightrydas.

Frederick also watched the Oakland Soldiers thump The Family out of Detroit in the night's last game. A.J. Dybansta had 21 points on only nine shots. He did go to the foul line 10 times. He was just too athletic and dynamic, and kept drawing fouls. 2026, Tyran Stokes turned in one of the best performances I have seen this spring, and I've watched at least 50 games. Stokes was dialed in and looked like an absolute freak with 31 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 assists. He toyed with the opponent, and made three-pointers look like layups. Then he had some open floor dunks that were absolutely scary. Nobody wanted to get in front of him. Think Earl Campbell jumping over the backboard. When he is not all in there is a lot to be desired. When he is focused he dominates. Tonight he was that guy.

Lebo also went over to another facility to watch the CP3 16'a with Kendre Harrison and Cole Cloer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News