ADVERTISEMENT

fsu vs unc game 2 (lost 10-2)

Re: fsu vs unc game 2

Hey sc ! Look for me on TV. I'm behind the plate straight back from the left handed batters, about halfway up. There's nobody directly around me because it's too damn hot out here!
laugh.r191677.gif

RH I will look for you. about time some of that good mojo wore off onto the heels

maybe I should have stayed away noles have regained the lead 3-2 still batting t5

RH what color shirt do you have on?

noles add another run now 4-2 still batting t5. first and second with runners 2 outs. heels make a pitching change

spencer trayner comes in and says good morning good afternoon and good night to the fsu hitter

onto b5 fsu 4-2

Kelley didn't last long. Had two straight batters with an 0-2 count and then pitched hittable balls on the next pitches, both of which scored runs.

I'm in a Carolina blue tshirt. Big help LOL. I've got on a ball cap...front panel is white rest is navy blue. I've got my feet up on the seats in front of me because it's too damn hot!

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
Lassiter has whiffed 2 maybe 3 times on curve balls well outside the strike zone. Just not seeing that pitch well today at all.
lassiter looked like he had no clue and was just swinging and hoping he hit something. he was a mile away from each pitch

ok with the Carolina blue shirt you will be easy to spot....oh wait it's a home game
wink.r191677.gif

trainer went from throwing strikes like crazy to walking two straight batters

When I said whiffed, I meant strikeouts, not just that at bat. Rough day at the plate for him.

Never mind trying to find me. Got up to grab a drink and some kids took my seats. Not worth making an issue about....

Let's get something going here!

very good fundamental at bat for the fsu batter bunting it down the first base side.............tried the squeeze play

3 hits down the left field side this inning. Can't believe they didn't score that last one an error. Seminoles' hitting has been impressive today. Big hole for the Heels here. I'm really hoping to win a game in this series but it might have to be tomorrow.

When I said whiffed, I meant strikeouts, not just that at bat. Rough day at the plate for him.

Never mind trying to find me. Got up to grab a drink and some kids took my seats. Not worth making an issue about....

Let's get something going here!
that was you that got up to get a drink
3dgrin.r191677.gif
oh well.

well noles keep adding runs now 6-2 and still batting in the t7 with 2 outs

3 hits down the left field side this inning. Can't believe they didn't score that last one an error. Seminoles' hitting has been impressive today. Big hole for the Heels here. I'm really hoping to win a game in this series but it might have to be tomorrow.
agree noles have been impressive. we have been just not this year. our hitting has really stunk

noles hitting impressive and that inning flashing the leather too 6-2 noles still t8

Hey sc ! Look for me on TV. I'm behind the plate straight back from the left handed batters, about halfway up. There's nobody directly around me because it's too damn hot out here!
laugh.r191677.gif
by the way it would have been easier to find you if you had on your crab leg outfit

fsu blowing it wide open now. more lack of fundamentals with rubino the catcher trying to back hand the pitch in the dirt instead of dropping to his knees and blocking it. the inning finally ends noles up 10-2
This post was edited on 5/10 4:14 PM by sctarheel30

hopefully we can win tomorrow in order to help our post season chances

well another walk to start the t9...................the ninth walk plus 3 HBP

Those 3 unearned runs in the 8th have made the outcome a formality. We would've had to play our A game anyway, but the self inflicted wounds just killed our chances.

At least the clouds have rolled in to cool things off. Even had a couple rain drops.

I'm signing off. Enjoy your evening sc!

Those 3 unearned runs in the 8th have made the outcome a formality. We would've had to play our A game anyway, but the self inflicted wounds just killed our chances.

At least the clouds have rolled in to cool things off. Even had a couple rain drops.

I'm signing off. Enjoy your evening sc!
take care my friend hope tomorrow is better

BY UNC ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS

CHAPEL HILL --- No. 4 Florida State clinched a series win with a 10-2 victory over North Carolina Saturday afternoon at Boshamer Stadium. Eight different Seminoles had hits in support of Mike Compton, who allowed two runs on eight hits over 8.0 innings to get the win. Landon Lassiter and Tyler Ramirez had two hits each for the Tar Heels, who will look to salvage game three Sunday afternoon at 1.

Florida State (39-11, 19-7 ACC) threatened in the first against Benton Moss but a timely double play helped the Tar Heels escape. Moss loaded the bases with one out on two walks and a hit batter before facing Jose Brizuela. Lassiter snagged Brizuela's line drive and threw to second, where Alex Raburn was able to hold the bag and double off D.J. Stewart for the third out.

For the second day in a row, Carolina (29-21, 13-13 ACC) got two on with one out in the first but failed to score. Lassiter and Michael Russell both singled off Compton (6-1), but the redshirt sophomore retired Tom Zengel and Ramirez to end the frame.

The Seminoles took an early lead in the second on an RBI double from Justin Gonzalez, but the Tar Heels responded with two runs in the fourth. After two quick outs, Carolina strung together four consecutive hits, including an RBI double from Parks Jordan and a run-scoring single from Raburn to lead for the first time in the series.

But the 'Noles took advantage of a leadoff walk in the fifth and scored three times to regain the lead for good. Moss departed after walking Josh Delph and Trevor Kelley (1-2) allowed four hits and two runs as FSU went up 4-2.

From there, Carolina failed to get a runner into scoring position against Compton and bullpen ace Gage Smith, with Smith retiring the side in order in the ninth to end it.

Gonzalez and Ben DeLuzio led FSU with two RBIs each, while four different Seminoles scored twice.

Carolina will celebrate Senior Day on Sunday, with Jordan, Zengel and Andrew Smith being honored prior to the 1:04 p.m. first pitch.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT