ADVERTISEMENT

FSU vs UNC Game thread for Saturday 27 February 2021

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Now is the time for this young team to SHOW UP or SHUT UP and play this game like nothing more is more important than playing to it’s potential, play together, hit important free throws, bang in some outside jumpers, and keep the turnovers down to single digits, win the 50/50 balls and rebound like there is 5 Dennis Rodman’s out there controlling the boards on both sides of the court.

Priority one is to understand that wearing that Carolina name on the front of their jerseys is so much more important than the name on the back of the Jersey. Must have pride and personal responsibility that every possession is so important and being so young with 7 freshmen can no longer be a excuse for playing half assed..

Reactions: tarwhiz
Let’s go Heels!!!!! I agree with all of that, IDUNK. Put up or shut up time. It has been tough to watch all the turnovers this year. Rebound, hit shots, FTs. Play some good D! Really hoping for a strong showing today! Let’s GO!!!!!

Great effort and decent shooting will equate to a good chance to win. Anything else won’t get it done. IMO, this crazy year may result in a FF team for FSU. I’ve no problem with that. UNC first, ACC second.

Maybe they will play better since I’m not gonna watch. Gonna watch my grandson and granddaughter race dirt bikes. Go Heels!!

Reactions: Archer2
On paper this looks like a perfect example of a experience team in FSU that will start 4 juniors and a senior versus a green Talented team that have 7 young freshmen in their rotation. For Carolina to be able to stay with this highly seasoned, deep and big team the squad must feed of the home crowd’s enthusiasm and play with pride and purpose and fully understand the importance of this game.

IMO, this crazy year may result in a FF team for FSU. I’ve no problem with that. UNC first, ACC second.

I agree the noles could make FF but I won't be pulling for them. For me it's UNC first and only. I used to care about ACC's other teams but after what I read from so many other schools during that AFAM scandal crap I want to see them lose every damn game. I just got so sick and tired of people I know giving me shit based on so many of the inaccuracies that were put out there I decided that I could not pull for their teams. Am I petty, yes but I just stopped caring about conference loyalty. If Heels aren't playing I'm getting an early start on spring yard work

Reactions: gobblercalls
I agree the noles could make FF but I won't be pulling for them. For me it's UNC first and only. I used to care about ACC's other teams but after what I read from so many other schools during that AFAM scandal crap I want to see them lose every damn game. I just got so sick and tired of people I know giving me shit based on so many of the inaccuracies that were put out there I decided that I could not pull for their teams. Am I petty, yes but I just stopped caring about conference loyalty. If Heels aren't playing I'm getting an early start on spring yard work
Understood. I’m pretty much disconnected from most sports on TV, but I’ve listened to every UNC game. It’s been a strange year.

Watching the warmups on Facebook I noticed FSU is in all burgundy and Carolina is in their home whites. Puff is not dressed again and it is nice to see people in the stands but there is a big distance between the fans.

Finally a Kessler block and a tip in 10-7 but then another passing turnover and Carolina has 5 already. UNC getting absolutely no looks from in close. Walton 1-4 from downtown.

We need some fire power offensively- Platek on the floor right now is questionable. But Coach has won 899 more games than I, so what do I know?

Walton is forcing shots because he knows everybody else absolutely sucks shooting the basketball.😔

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT