ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday Turnout for Clemson

It's sold out. I'm assuming it will be a big crowd, because it's the number one team and Clemson is close enough for their fans to travel.

If we would’ve taken care of business and beat wake and app do you think game day would’ve shown up in chapel hill?

If we would’ve taken care of business and beat wake and app do you think game day would’ve shown up in chapel hill?

Yes. We'd probably be top 20, and there's no big games between ranked opponents this weekend. Losing the past two weeks cost us a big opportunity for some positive press for the week leading up to a game that nobody would expect us to win anyways.

Clemson Tarheel here. I bought my tickets the day they opened up back in June. I know a lot of Tiger fans that did the same. I expect we will have about 25k fans there. Personally, I was hoping for a beautiful fall day in Keenan, but it sounds like it is going to be hot. Regardless, I haven’t been in years. Great place to watch a game and glad to see you guys turning things around.

Clemson Tarheel here. I bought my tickets the day they opened up back in June. I know a lot of Tiger fans that did the same. I expect we will have about 25k fans there. Personally, I was hoping for a beautiful fall day in Keenan, but it sounds like it is going to be hot. Regardless, I haven’t been in years. Great place to watch a game and glad to see you guys turning things around.
* Kenan

If Clemson has 25k fans in the stands, I'll eat my hat.

I know several season tickets holders who are skipping due to predicted high temperatures and fear of a blowout

We probably had 20k in Winston-Salem last year and our fans don’t get to Chapel Hill as often. Clemson tickets have gotten so expensive, a lot of fans now prefer to travel to away games. I paid $150 for two great seats in Kenan. The same seats would cost me $400-$500 in Death Valley. Championship football does have its downside. Hope you have some ketchup for that hat.

Sorry that the poster above is calling bs. The 3 season ticket holders I've spoken with this week say that they are skipping this week. I skip every week. I watch for free. I'm happy that my friends make 80% of the games. One friend offered me free tickets. No thanks! HD TV and air conditioning are great

Sorry that the poster above is calling bs. The 3 season ticket holders I've spoken with this week say that they are skipping this week. I skip every week. I watch for free. I'm happy that my friends make 80% of the games. One friend offered me free tickets. No thanks! HD TV and air conditioning are great
Three does not equal several. Thanks for confirming what most suspected. I will give you props on your trolling ability since you've started posting. It's been very subtle, but it's noticable for those who pay attention.

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines several as three or more, but not many. I hope that my three friends are the only fans who don't attend. By the way, Urban Meyer is one of the five best college coaches. If he joined forces with Mack, UNC would be in the top 10. It's not going to happen, but it would be great if it did

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines several as three or more, but not many. I hope that my three friends are the only fans who don't attend. By the way, Urban Meyer is one of the five best college coaches. If he joined forces with Mack, UNC would be in the top 10. It's not going to happen, but it would be great if it did
Saying "several" suggests it's a number large enough to be meaningful. Three isn't large enough to be meaningful, which I'm guessing is the reason you didn't just say "three" in the first place.
One friend offered me free tickets. No thanks! HD TV and air conditioning are great.
They sure are. So is showing up and supporting your team when given the opportunity. I find it kind of odd that you'd brag about it but maybe that's just me.

We probably had 20k in Winston-Salem last year....
BB&T Field only seats 31,500 but you expect us to believe Clemson accounted for 2/3rds of the attendees that day. Okay.

Hope you have some ketchup for that hat.
I won't need ketchup or any other condiments because I'm not going to be eating a hat. That's the point of the expression.

There are 50,500 seats in Kenan Stadium. UNC season ticket holders account for 28,400 seats. For Clemson to bring 25,000 people to the game, they would have to buy every single one of the single-game tickets -- meaning no UNC fans bought any -- and then find another 3,000 seats via UNC season-ticket holders.

I have no doubt Clemson will be well-represented at the game. There's no need to keep throwing around nonsensical numbers.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I probably overestimated. I didn’t realize you guys had reduced seats. Thought you held more like 65K. I think we will have a good crowd. Let’s go with 15k.

Sorry my math is off. I went to class about as much as some of your athletes .

Sorry...I couldn’t help myself. All in good fun!

5bb993c46faf8.image.jpg

I mean - the point is there were a ton of Clemson fans at Wake last year.

I have many relatives In South Carolina, both of those teams travel well and a good atmosphere for football.. There is a reason, There is absolutely nothing else in the world to do and the majority of them have no idea pro sports exist .. I have a first cousin that complained to me that the Clemson South Carolina football score wasn't on the front page of the sports section in the Charlotte Observer once 20+ years ago...

I have many relatives In South Carolina, both of those teams travel well and a good atmosphere for football.. There is a reason, There is absolutely nothing else in the world to do and the majority of them have no idea pro sports exist .. I have a first cousin that complained to me that the Clemson South Carolina football score wasn't on the front page of the sports section in the Charlotte Observer once 20+ years ago...

You are correct. It’s all football, all the time. Makes sense if you follow Clemson, but Lamecock fans are just as rabid. Similar to how ACC basketball used to dominate sports in North Carolina. I’m a native North Carolinian. The Sandlappers say the best thing that ever came out of NC is I-77. I love NC and have grown to appreciate SC, despite it’s flaws. The people are unbelievably friendly and the women are easy on the eyes. I married a sweet South Carolina girl. She’s made me a better man. I live on Lake Murray. Not too bad a life if you have to live down here.

You are correct. It’s all football, all the time. Makes sense if you follow Clemson, but Lamecock fans are just as rabid. Similar to how ACC basketball used to dominate sports in North Carolina. I’m a native North Carolinian. The Sandlappers say the best thing that ever came out of NC is I-77. I love NC and have grown to appreciate SC, despite it’s flaws. The people are unbelievably friendly and the women are easy on the eyes. I married a sweet South Carolina girl. She’s made me a better man. I live on Lake Murray. Not too bad a life if you have to live down here.

I grew up in Irmo. Lake Murray would be a lot better if it wasn’t hotter than hell in the summer

Forgive me if I have little-to-no respect, or tolerance, for Clemson fans. And, that shade of orange is the butt-ugliest school color you could ever have, except for the red that exists in Raleigh.

Great game. I thought more Tiger fans would make the trip. I wish I didn’t after that showing. I’d rather watch it on TV than spend 3 hours is boiling heat stressing out. Enjoyed my time in Chapel Hill. Hope to see you guys in the ACCCG soon. Best of luck.

Great game. I thought more Tiger fans would make the trip. I wish I didn’t after that showing. I’d rather watch it on TV than spend 3 hours is boiling heat stressing out. Enjoyed my time in Chapel Hill. Hope to see you guys in the ACCCG soon. Best of luck.

Thanks and sounds good to us. See ya in Charlotte

Reactions: TarHeelMark
ADVERTISEMENT