ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday Turnout for Clemson

From what I could hear on the tv, the home crowd was fantastic. The announcers were praising Heels fans for making enough noise to help contribute to the numerous false starts on the Tigers.

From what I could hear on the tv, the home crowd was fantastic. The announcers were praising Heels fans for making enough noise to help contribute to the numerous false starts on the Tigers.

Nah that wasn’t the crowd’s doing per clemsuck it was their lack of focus. Good job everyone in attendance I tried like crazy to make it.

What was up with you guys showing Clemson fans on the Jumbotron and making fun of their weight and implying stupidity?

We like to pride ourselves on treating visiting fans really well, and there would be a lot of pissed off CU fans had our media team pulled a stunt like that

Reading this board had started to shift my perceptions on UNC fans, but I guess it’s still the same Chapel Hill my grandfather told me about growing up

The crowd was excellent. I think the right guard was jumping because the UNC defensive line was beating him

What was up with you guys showing Clemson fans on the Jumbotron and making fun of their weight and implying stupidity?

We like to pride ourselves on treating visiting fans really well, and there would be a lot of pissed off CU fans had our media team pulled a stunt like that

Reading this board had started to shift my perceptions on UNC fans, but I guess it’s still the same Chapel Hill my grandfather told me about growing up
Dude, nobody’s weight was made fun of or their intelligence. Not sure where you’re coming from, but all my encounters with Clemson fans yesterday were great.

What? Lol. Also, basing your opinion of a fanbase based on poasters on a free board is very, very silly. It would be like pulling off the highway in a town you've never been to, stopping to get gas, having an A-hole driver almost rear-end you pulling in to the station, and based on that one encounter, deciding that said town sucks and you'll never return again.

Makes no sense. Also, none of the jabs on the video were about weight lol. It was as clean and "all in good fun" as it could possibly be. Lighten up Francis.

A little insecurity showing by butthole. Everyone just knew they were going to slaughter us. Yes, they contributed to our success with all the false starts, and yes our crowd noise did likewise. But no one expected us to be within one with a minute to go and a chance to win the game, no one.

It's why I've been smiling all day. I went fishing at 0700 this morning and caught one fish that looked like this, and yet was smiling all the while.

528c6173f38a2.image.jpg

What? Lol. Also, basing your opinion of a fanbase based on poasters on a free board is very, very silly. It would be like pulling off the highway in a town you've never been to, stopping to get gas, having an A-hole driver almost rear-end you pulling in to the station, and based on that one encounter, deciding that said town sucks and you'll never return again.

Makes no sense. Also, none of the jabs on the video were about weight lol. It was as clean and "all in good fun" as it could possibly be. Lighten up Francis.

Not basing the entire fan base off this board. Grew up in Greenville(SC), so I was around quite a few UNC alumni and fans growing up. They mostly reinforced the snobbish, asshole stereotype I was told about as a child. I’m not trying to paint the entire fan base this way, just saying it’s a prevalent mentality in CH... Im sure you all would acknowledge that

Just saying this forum seems to have down to earth, friendly people, and it’s helped negate the sour taste I’ve had with UNC

FWIW, I wasn’t at the game. I’m going off second hand info here, but half of our board is livid from whatever happened in Kenan yesterday. The other half shares the mentality here, all in good fun, calm down... Though It was stated by several people who were supposedly in attendance that UNC crossed the line, especially with the dude’s weight being brought up in front of the entire stadium... Something about a fridge. I consider myself to have a good sense of humor, but I’m not sure I would’ve laughed it off if I was over weight and put on the spot in front of 50,000 people

You also have to realize we have historically been treated pretty badly by the ACC, especially Tobacco Road, so going into any game we’re immediately on the defensive

And again, I wasn’t there, so TIFWIW

A little insecurity showing by butthole. Everyone just knew they were going to slaughter us. Yes, they contributed to our success with all the false starts, and yes our crowd noise did likewise. But no one expected us to be within one with a minute to go and a chance to win the game, no one.

It's why I've been smiling all day. I went fishing at 0700 this morning and caught one fish that looked like this, and yet was smiling all the while.

528c6173f38a2.image.jpg

Maybe I came across insecure, idk. But moral victories are very South Carolina-ish, and not a good look. Would caution against that

Congrats on the win I guess

Not basing the entire fan base off this board. Grew up in Greenville(SC), so I was around quite a few UNC alumni and fans growing up. They mostly reinforced the snobbish, asshole stereotype I was told about as a child. I’m not trying to paint the entire fan base this way, just saying it’s a prevalent mentality in CH... Im sure you all would acknowledge that

Just saying this forum seems to have down to earth, friendly people, and it’s helped negate the sour taste I’ve had with UNC

FWIW, I wasn’t at the game. I’m going off second hand info here, but half of our board is livid from whatever happened in Kenan yesterday. The other half shares the mentality here, all in good fun, calm down... Though It was stated by several people who were supposedly in attendance that UNC crossed the line, especially with the dude’s weight being brought up in front of the entire stadium... Something about a fridge. I consider myself to have a good sense of humor, but I’m not sure I would’ve laughed it off if I was over weight and put on the spot in front of 50,000 people

You also have to realize we have historically been treated pretty badly by the ACC, especially Tobacco Road, so going into any game we’re immediately on the defensive

And again, I wasn’t there, so TIFWIW
Ehhhh I don't recall there being anything about weight but I was only paying half attention since it was a very stressful game. I'm very surprised your fans are so upset by it. Chapel Hill is the best place a visiting fan can possibly go for a game because UNC Football fans aren't "fervent" enough to be A-holes to opposing fans, like you'd see at SEC stadiums.

Though It was stated by several people who were supposedly in attendance that UNC crossed the line, especially with the dude’s weight being brought up in front of the entire stadium... Something about a fridge.
Oh. That's not what was meant at all by the fridge comment. It was a reference to William Perry, a/k/a "The Fridge" who is a Clemson alumnus. And again, it was delivered in the context of Clemson fans being bandwagon fans who don't know the history of the program. Most all of the jokes centered around that same theme, like showing a Clemson fan and saying "Also a UNC basketball fan." See?:

EFlg76oXUAMVfRC.jpg

EFlg76pXkAAtdVr.jpg

EFlg769X0AAFng7.jpg

EFlg76oWsAE8GIw.jpg

Oh. That's not what was meant at all by the fridge comment. It was a reference to William Perry, a/k/a "The Fridge" who is a Clemson alumnus. And again, it was delivered in the context of Clemson fans being bandwagon fans who don't know the history of the program. Most all of the jokes centered around that same theme, like showing a Clemson fan and saying "Also a UNC basketball fan." See?:

EFlg76oXUAMVfRC.jpg

EFlg76pXkAAtdVr.jpg

EFlg769X0AAFng7.jpg

EFlg76oWsAE8GIw.jpg

Again, wasn’t there. Doesn’t seem too bad from the pics... Maybe the fan base is being too sensitive idk. That’s something you see at an NBA game... Gotta say I’ve never seen something like that at a CFB game. Most were probably just confused and took it personally

Kind of odd though. Never met a bandwagon Clemson fan, so not sure where UNC came up with the joke

Again, wasn’t there. Doesn’t seem too bad from the pics... Maybe the fan base is being too sensitive idk. That’s something you see at an NBA game... Gotta say I’ve never seen something like that at a CFB game. Most were probably just confused and took it personally

Kind of odd though. Never met a bandwagon Clemson fan, so not sure where UNC came up with the joke
You sure about that never met one part? I’ve met quite a few while not even looking for em!

Omg nothing wrong with what was done have a sense of humor. I guess if you’re afraid of getting your feelings hurt stay home and watch on tv.

I didn’t have a problem with the poking fun at Clemson fans. Can’t wait for the reciprocal shots when you guys come to the valley. Should be some good references to attending actual classes, sweater vests and “waiting for basketball season”. All in good fun. Unfortunately, half our fanbase is “triggered” because of this. I say “man up” and laugh a little.

JMO, the false starts were due to your DL stemming, not crowd noise. It may have been loud for Kenan but I don’t think it bothered our players. Having been to road games at A&M, FSU and Williams Brice, I know what a disruptive crowd sounds like. Good atmosphere but I call it like I see it.

Clemson was basically a borderline top 25 team for those 30+ years (1982-2014) give me a break you can't tie in a dynasty between 1982 and what you have now... So that being said if their fans and South Carolina's fans could stop with the Mightier than Thou talk that would be nice.. I mean one point from sweeping the state (by a Sweater vest wearing Basketball school)...

Clemson was basically a borderline top 25 team for those 30+ years (1982-2014) give me a break you can't tie in a dynasty between 1982 and what you have now... So that being said if their fans and South Carolina's fans could stop with the Mightier than Thou talk that would be nice.. I mean one point from sweeping the state (by a Sweater vest wearing Basketball school)...
This has always been my beef with them. Ever since I came to Greenville, and now Clemson, they act as if Clemson is some kind of College Football legacy like Alabama, or Notre Dame, or Ohio State, Oklahoma, or whoever.

They sat at the top of the ACC until FSU showed-up. The ACC isn't loaded with college football powerhouses. But, you cannot convince these people that they're not in the same conversation as the all-time greatest with Knute Rockne, or Bear Bryant. I'd love to see them perform in the SEC every season. They're lucky they're in the ACC! It's win-win for everyone else in the conference, too.

Reactions: Spaceytoyz
This has always been my beef with them. Ever since I came to Greenville, and now Clemson, they act as if Clemson is some kind of College Football legacy like Alabama, or Notre Dame, or Ohio State, Oklahoma, or whoever.

They sat at the top of the ACC until FSU showed-up. The ACC isn't loaded with college football powerhouses. But, you cannot convince these people that they're not in the same conversation as the all-time greatest with Knute Rockne, or Bear Bryant. I'd love to see them perform in the SEC every season. They're lucky they're in the ACC! It's win-win for everyone else in the conference, too.

If you would stop listening the “The Roar” you probably wouldn’t hate Clemson so much. If you are in enemy territory and listen to local sports talk, you are just asking for your blood to boil. I live near Columbia. The Gamecocks haven’t won anything... ever.,, but talk about how great they are. Turn your radio off buddy!

ADVERTISEMENT