ADVERTISEMENT

GaTech Favored vs NCSU

Barry 24

Freshman
Jul 22, 2019
Georgia Tech is favored by 2 at home against NC State on Thursday. It should be a good game. I knew that Ga Tech was improving and State having a rough year, but was a bit surprised that NC State is getting points

I only watched Georgia Tech against UNC. They were bad in that game. I've only watched about ten plays from NC State this year. I have listened some to Johnny Evans analyze State games. It sounds like their secondary is awful and QB is bad, but the rest of the team is decent. Tech can't throw and their QB isn't very good so I expect state to pull a slight upset

If $tate runs Zonovan Knight 25+ times tonight then they will win by 7+. But, if they try to figure out their QB situation and experiment a bunch with the passing game, GT has a chance. Would love to see GT get the win.

Those two true frosh RBs ncsu are very good, but not big. Ncsu is getting worked though... GT QB and RBs are gutsy, and the ncsu ol isn't that good, O'Leary doesn't look ready.

Yep. $tate did a nice job of being patient and sticking with the run. Their running game is the one thing that scares me about next week. They have 3 really nice RBs.

Monster game even though its a mediocre situation, Beat state go 6-6 and it actually feels good... Lose that game no bowl, under .500 basically Fedora could have done that with talent given..

Without Howell, we are a 2 win team (Mercer and maybe GT). Unfortunately, Ruder just can’t stay healthy, so we would have had to play the majority of the season with a walk-on QB.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Howell only came to UNC because of Mack Brown. I think having Sam has been a deciding factor in a few, if not all, of the wins.
Yep, and we wouldn’t have that stellar class coming in. The ‘19 class was ranked 30+ spots lower before Mack finished it off, IIRC. Plus, we’ve been in every game with a chance to win or tie on the last possession I believe. There has been significant improvement.

Totally agree that Sam has been the difference maker this year. Yes, we had some returning talent at RB and WR, but without Sam I don't see us being where we are now. Sure the record isn't great, but if these guys were a little more experienced in knowing how to win (and hopefully weren't so injury depleted), we could easily be about 7-3 or 8-2 this season, with a chance for double digit wins.

The future is bright for Tar Heel football.

I can't believe that Ruder is still out. He looked downright giddy on the sidelines today. The tackle that sidelined him against Appalachian State was gentle as could be. He played less than one half last year against Georgia Tech before getting injured and perhaps played seven plays this year.He was running to ring the Victory Bell after the Duke win. I really thought that he would be our quarterback this year, but I was terribly misguided. Thank goodness Howell is tough as nails. I pray that we have a talented backup coming in next season. We can't expect Howell to take every snap

I can't believe that Ruder is still out. He looked downright giddy on the sidelines today. The tackle that sidelined him against Appalachian State was gentle as could be. He played less than one half last year against Georgia Tech before getting injured and perhaps played seven plays this year.He was running to ring the Victory Bell after the Duke win. I really thought that he would be our quarterback this year, but I was terribly misguided. Thank goodness Howell is tough as nails. I pray that we have a talented backup coming in next season. We can't expect Howell to take every snap

It's possible that he's decided to transfer and it's not worth risking any further injury. He's got a lot of eligibility left, and he's way too talented to just be a backup so I wouldn't blame him if he goes somewhere that he can be the starter.

You don't have to get hit hard to get injured. In HS one of our d-line guys tore his ACL in a blocking drill. Planted his foot and I guess the ligament just gave out. But they weren't even really hitting each other.

Ruder will be interesting to watch next year. He had/has a break in his ankle or lower leg, so it’s been a long recovery. He just got into business school, so I’d be a little bit surprised if he isn’t with the team next year.

It's possible that he's decided to transfer and it's not worth risking any further injury. He's got a lot of eligibility left, and he's way too talented to just be a backup so I wouldn't blame him if he goes somewhere that he can be the starter.

You don't have to get hit hard to get injured. In HS one of our d-line guys tore his ACL in a blocking drill. Planted his foot and I guess the ligament just gave out. But they weren't even really hitting each other.
His dad was pretty adamant about him not transferring and if Howell keeps playing this way, Ruder will have a shot to start his senior year, because Howell will be playing pro ball.

If Ruder sticks around, he might be a candidate for a 6th year. If so, that means that he could be a 2-year starter. Probably not realistic, but would be a great situation for our team.

His dad was pretty adamant about him not transferring and if Howell keeps playing this way, Ruder will have a shot to start his senior year, because Howell will be playing pro ball.

Yeah I remember that but I’d be saying the same thing until the day the papers were signed if I was him. Don’t want to seem like you’ve got one foot already out the door

True. I think the odds now are very good that Howell will be only a 3 year Tar Heel.

Also, if he is on track to graduate in 3 years, he could do the Joe Burrow thing and leave after 2020 and have 2 years to play elsewhere.

Heard yesterday that Ruder had multiple fractures from that tackle. I was told that information came from Ruder's father.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT