ADVERTISEMENT

grades for 1st yr coaches

Diaz deserves the F. Miami was far worse than I thought they would be this year.

I think Mack deserves an A. Wins/losses isn't necessarily the most important metric for evaluating the first year under a new coach. Recruiting has done a complete turn around, fan attendance and enthusiasm has done a complete turn around, discipline on and off the field has done a complete turn around, and the effort on the field has done a complete turn around.

Last year Carolina did not have a competitive football program. This year we were one play away from beating the number one team in the country. Went from 2-10 to 6-6 and lost more close games than just about anyone in the country in the process. And managed that turnaround with a ton of injuries at some extremely important positions.

I don't think there's a single team in the Coastal that I don't expect us to beat next year. From my perspective, Mack looks like a miracle worker already.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I think Mack deserves an A. Wins/losses isn't necessarily the most important metric for evaluating the first year under a new coach. Recruiting has done a complete turn around, fan attendance and enthusiasm has done a complete turn around, discipline on and off the field has done a complete turn around, and the effort on the field has done a complete turn around.

Last year Carolina did not have a competitive football program. This year we were one play away from beating the number one team in the country. Went from 2-10 to 6-6 and lost more close games than just about anyone in the country in the process. And managed that turnaround with a ton of injuries at some extremely important positions.

I don't think there's a single team in the Coastal that I don't expect us to beat next year. From my perspective, Mack looks like a miracle worker already.
I concur with most of this. Now let’s win our bowl game and improve to 8-4/9-3 next year.

I concur with most of this. Now let’s win our bowl game and improve to 8-4/9-3 next year.

IMO 8 wins should be the minimum for next year. Need to win at least that many and get into the ACCCG.

With two or three cracks at clemson we may just steal one from them and take home an ACC title under Mack

ADVERTISEMENT