ADVERTISEMENT

Have you seen this? Nike Shoe + Michael = Tribute to Dean Smith Update" 2022 new shoe release!

How is it a tribute to Coach Smith? It's a decent looking walking shoe in Columbia blue and white. One shoe says " Dear Dean," I don't know what the other shoe says.
From trolling in an attempt to appear to be a Tar Heel to simple trolling to be a troll. The passive aggressive crap was amusing now it's just annoying. Hoping the mods are as tired of your bs as I am. If you want to post then post but please stop trying to hide the dookiness.

How is it a tribute to Coach Smith? It's a decent looking walking shoe in Columbia blue and white. One shoe says " Dear Dean," I don't know what the other shoe says.
In order to see what the other shoe says you’ll have to throw your phone against a wall and then shake it like an etch a sketch. It will then appear. Trust me it’s worth it. You’re welcome.

Reactions: TheGLOV and Archer2
The other shoe says "There was never any doubt". I certainly don't know what it means. Doesn't seem like a tribute to me. I think Coach Smith wouldn't want his name on a shoe priced at $200 that costs $5 to make.

The other shoe says "There was never any doubt". I certainly don't know what it means. Doesn't seem like a tribute to me. I think Coach Smith wouldn't want his name on a shoe priced at $200 that costs $5 to make.

I would guess it is reference to Coach Smith telling Michael to knock it in back in '82

Reactions: TheGLOV
Yup. IIRC someone asked DES about giving the shot to "Mike" and whether he considered one of the other All-Stars on the team! (could be OldTimers!)

BTW: Next to no performance bball shoes aren't in the $200 retail range these days so don't try to play that particular card Trollkin!

"there's no way around it: performance basketball shoes are not cheap, and for most people, the best shoes may simply be out of reach, regularly coming in at $120, $150 or even $180 retail for top signature or team silhouettes."

I’m a Tar Heel fan to the core, but if Michael Jordan really wanted to honor Dean Smith, he'd stop exploiting cheap labor overseas and insist that his gear be manufactured in factories located in underserved American communities. Talk is cheap.......walk the walk, Michael.

• Wow
Nike is not above reproach and was an evil empire at one point, but due to public scrutiny and pressure from multiple countries they have cleaned up their practices. Here is a quote from an article last year:

"A few years ago, Business of Fashion reported that Nike has successfully transformed its tarnished image to become a “recognized sustainability leader,” with Morgan Stanley ranking Nike “the most sustainable apparel and footwear company in North America for environmental and social performance, including its labor ...Aug 14, 2020"

This is the truth of today and hopefully, Tar Heel fans will help spread the word that our greatest player has helped stop these practices by saying he would not put his name on shoes made in sweatshops!

I would like to remind peeps this thread is about MJ and DES! I apologize for participating in the derailment.

I think it is a great tribute for MJ to make a DES inspired shoe!

Well, they could do that. Of course those $200 shoes would now cost $400, but at least people would have the warm and fuzzies.
Sorry. I didn't realize you were privy to all the variables that go into the pricing of Nike products. My bad. How is it that they manage to sell what is basically the same product for $35 to $40 at outlet stores across the world? I suspect cutting out the Jordans and LeBrons is a big reason why. MJ was a great player, but a pretty average human being. Stop building him up as something he isn't.

Reactions: bobcrane14
Sorry. I didn't realize you were privy to all the variables that go into the pricing of Nike products. My bad. How is it that they manage to sell what is basically the same product for $35 to $40 at outlet stores across the world? I suspect cutting out the Jordans and LeBrons is a big reason why. MJ was a great player, but a pretty average human being. Stop building him up as something he isn't.
Apology accepted.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Yup. IIRC someone asked DES about giving the shot to "Mike" and whether he considered one of the other All-Stars on the team! (could be OldTimers!)

BTW: Next to no performance bball shoes aren't in the $200 retail range these days so don't try to play that particular card Trollkin!

"there's no way around it: performance basketball shoes are not cheap, and for most people, the best shoes may simply be out of reach, regularly coming in at $120, $150 or even $180 retail for top signature or team silhouettes."

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I don't know about you guys, but I am pretty impressed with Nike's development over the years. Besides the fantastic models that they make, they indeed have a strong PR management team, because Nike always stays at the top. I have several sneakers from Nike, and I just recently have bought the Air Jordans 1 from https://www.forstepstyle.com/product/nike-air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-chicago-shoes/. For the moment, that's the most reliable online store from where I buy all the Nike sneakers. They give a good price and they are very serious about all the orders.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT