ADVERTISEMENT

Heels losing OL Coach to Houston

That has been rumored, because of their past ties.

There was a rumor that Jack Bicknell Jr would come from Ole Miss with Longo.

Stacy Searls is NOT a good replacement for OL coach. The Miami OL is anything but good.

I'd much rather have a top OL coach from a 1AA power like NDSU. I'd take Joe Wickline over Searls without a twinge of doubt. If Brown keeps Wickline at WVU, I'd take Brown's OL coach at Troy over Searls, and I don't even know his name.

Well he didn’t stay long
No surprise. I have no idea why Mack (apparently) thought he was some huge big deal. He is a Texan - he was at ECU because of Ruffin, who was at Texas Tech. He has shown that he will always circle back to TX. And, nobody with a brain thought his TTU OLs were close to dominant.

Searls is much less than that. Fans at UGA, Texas, and Miami all said the same thing about Searls: h talks a much better game than he coaches. He helps bring in talent that never seems to be developed, that does not gel.

Games are won in the trenches. We have a question mark at DL coach. We don't need another at OL coach.

Stacy Searls is NOT a good replacement for OL coach. The Miami OL is anything but good.

I'd much rather have a top OL coach from a 1AA power like NDSU. I'd take Joe Wickline over Searls without a twinge of doubt. If Brown keeps Wickline at WVU, I'd take Brown's OL coach at Troy over Searls, and I don't even know his name.

His resume looks good.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stacy_Searels

He's been with a number of highly touted programs, but he hasn't done much with any of them. To keep it in the ACC - what did he accomplish at VT and Miami? Are we now looking at Miami and talking about how much improved that OL is? Did he ramp up the VT OL back to its glory days?

He looks good on paper and not so much on the field.

Auburn man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT