ADVERTISEMENT

Heels only lost on the scoreboard

Jan 9, 2020
Duck, NC
They were winners with their effort, their comportment, and their attitude; all season long actually.
The team; players, coaches, and staff negotiated the Orange Bowl and the whole Pandemic Season
like solid winners. They left EVERYTHING on the field last night. They battled on every play against a superior
opponent. They should be proud of themselves. Congratulations Carolina. You make us proud
to be Tar Heels.

with so many prominent opt-outs i was pleasantly surprised that we stayed competitive with such a powerful opponent. texas a&m belonged in the playoff, not n.dame.

Reactions: bluetoe
with so many prominent opt-outs i was pleasantly surprised that we stayed competitive with such a powerful opponent. texas a&m belonged in the playoff, not n.dame.
This is beyond stupid. We outplayed A&M despite missing 4 prominent players. Norte Dame throttled is with our best players.

I’ve watched a lot of Aggie football and they are severely overrated. We should have won that game last night

If my choice is a moral victory with players opting out or defeating a depleted team in the bowl, ... I'll take the W on the scoreboard. I understand opting out if you are a kid like Pitts from Florida who is projected top 10 and has already had an injury, don't approve of it, but understand it. If I am a scout the Miami game looks good for Williams and Carter but is offset by the struggles against Notre Dame. UNC's losses were all games where the running game struggled. None of those 4 are going first round and except for Surratt, probably not second round.

Those guys had unbelievable seasons and without them UNC is not in the Orange Bowl, but in my eyes they are similar to a one and done in basketball. I'll remember them for what they did but they just won't be considered when I think of the greatest Tar Heels. Of course none of them give a rat's ass what I think but I just believe commitment and team mean something else.

Reactions: tarheel0910
It was just another loss in a big game for Carolina football. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only difference is that next year's team will have enough talent to use this as fuel to do something great. A lot of that talent is still young and unproven. Maybe this game will have shown some of those guys the level they need to be ready to play at, so they will get after it just a little bit harder all spring and summer. If the offensive and defensive lines both take a step forward next year then we should have a pretty damn good football team, full of talented guys with an experienced top level QB.

The schedule is setup to make a run. We might be favorites in every game, and have a couple of really soft OOC tune up games. Hopefully these guys are going to heal up okay and be ready to get after it with the goal of competing for a national championship. If Mack keeps up the recruiting and the player development is there, then that could become a regular thing.

I love that we are two seasons into a new regime (and having already salvaged a wasteland of a program), and having just performed admirably in a major bowl against a more highly ranked opponent and with gutted star power....and people are actually grousing about 'moral' victories. Not everyone will appreciate or understand this, but it's this kind of idiocy that drives programs to be all that they can be. More such idiocy, please.

And while I'm pointing out insanity, you have to laugh your ass off at the individual being critical of this second season team losing in the Orange bowl, after having previously pleaded the case that Carolina fans would do well to accept the mediocrity (and that's being kind) of Larry Fedora. Like he was as good as we could ever hope to do, sort of thing. I'm starting to think that that guy might BE Larry Fedora. SMH and LOL.

Reactions: Archer2
I hope the four that opted-out are wracked with guilt for abandoning their teammates, knowing that they could have helped the team win. I hope they regret it for the rest of their lives.

Reactions: UNC '92
I hope the four that opted-out are wracked with guilt for abandoning their teammates, knowing that they could have helped the team win. I hope they regret it for the rest of their lives.
8 weeks til combine, they're sad they have to skip pizza night and do protein shake night instead.

Would love to see Dazz change his mind and come back. He could move way up the draft board and be the go to guy all year.

they might have some regrets. I'm sure it wasn't a particularly unemotional decision to opt out. I'm also pretty sure that they'll get over it around the time they sign contracts.

You're obsession with this is starting to remind me a lot of Donald Trump. Except he's obsessed with something a little more important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT