ADVERTISEMENT

High School Super league forming....

keysersosay#1

Hall of Famer
Apr 7, 2006
The landscape of recruiting continues to change and evolve. I do not know if this is good or bad and what impact it will have on Carolina..

The landscape of recruiting continues to change and evolve. I do not know if this is good or bad and what impact it will have on Carolina..

On one hand, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner...
on the other hand, I'm not sure what to make of it except that it must be nice to have the resources for a HS team to fly around the danged country.

Let’s not forget that these aren’t your wise ol’ granny’s high schools. These institutions primarily exist to win athletic events with emphasis on b-ball & f-ball. Following the money might really show the depth to which corporate money reaches.

Many are much more then basketball/football. Elite high potential athletic training centers for students who have shown the potential to be world class in a field. Tennis, soccer, baseball, golf, etc. from around the world you name it. The Euro well really world model similar to playing "juniors" leagues and being paid, except they get them in at around 12 years old to develop while schooling.

We just pay attention to basketball & football as college fans because they are the billion dollar golden goose for universities.

Last edited:
Wow. I know I'm getting old but my days on the high school basketball team look nothing like what is happening these days. I do have to admit though, my main goal was not the NBA or even a college scholarship but to impress a few cheerleaders I fondly remember. ;)

75 I hope you impressed them enough to ya know.... shake their pom poms

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT