ADVERTISEMENT

Hokies vs. Liberty

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
Game was tied with 8 seconds. Hokies blocked Liberty's 50+ yard FG try, but a time out had been called.

Then Liberty, with no Times Out, decided to go on 4th and 6. The VT DC called a drop back prevent. Liberty completed a pass for the 1st down on the sideline. Liberty then made the FG.

Announcers have said several times that Liberty out-coached VT today.

How much hotter does this make Fuente's seat? Do Hokie boosters regret hiring an unproven alum as DC?

How long before Hugh Freeze is back at a P5?

ND up 23-10 with two minutes in the first half. Clensum not the same without Lawrence but this big freshman QB is impressive. He’s going to be really good. ND catches the Tigers in their most vulnerable week. Irish luck in play.

Etienne 9 for 6 on the ground. That’s stout defense by ND. They do give up over 200 yards through the air. 23-13 Irish at the half.

ND up 23-10 with two minutes in the first half. Clensum not the same without Lawrence but this big freshman QB is impressive. He’s going to be really good. ND catches the Tigers in their most vulnerable week. Irish luck in play.
He has great potential, but he is a freshman on the biggest stage.

Etienne 9 for 6 on the ground. That’s stout defense by ND. They do give up over 200 yards through the air. 23-13 Irish at the half.
ND D has been very good at containing Etienne, but the biggest key to their lead is their OL. They have won the trenches so far.

2 Turnovers = 10 points for Irish or Clemson is winning this game right now with the Freshman QB... I think he has played really well from what I’ve seen

I think the rat has been giving dabo lessons in working the officials.

Guess Mack has bigger stones than Kelly.

I'd go for two

The OT rules for college football really need to be revamped!!!!! No way a game like this should be determined in this scenario!!!!

Reactions: tarheelinfl
Tigers are about to go down

Dammit I wanted it to be us that knocked them off.

Pretty much means Clensum and ND in the ACCCG. No matter. Let’s control what we can control. Beat a well coached Wake team and try to head into the ND game with some momentum.

That does seem likely. But I've got a funny feeling about the BC/ND game this week.

Definitely cannot afford to crap the bed against Wake.

Reactions: Archer2
VT lost to Miami 25-24, in Blacksburg. The Canes came back to win the game.

How much hotter is Fuente''s seat? Would VT turn to Hugh Freeze?

Game was tied with 8 seconds. Hokies blocked Liberty's 50+ yard FG try, but a time out had been called.

Then Liberty, with no Times Out, decided to go on 4th and 6. The VT DC called a drop back prevent. Liberty completed a pass for the 1st down on the sideline. Liberty then made the FG.

Announcers have said several times that Liberty out-coached VT today.

How much hotter does this make Fuente's seat? Do Hokie boosters regret hiring an unproven alum as DC?

How long before Hugh Freeze is back at a P5?

I hate when coaches call a TO a second before the ball is snapped on a kick. I would change the rule for a kicking play that once the play clock hits 10 seconds, only the offense can call TO. Similar to basketball trying to "ice" a free throw shooter. Once the shooter has the ball, the defense can't call TO! You have to ice them before that.

I hate when coaches call a TO a second before the ball is snapped on a kick. I would change the rule for a kicking play that once the play clock hits 10 seconds, only the offense can call TO. Similar to basketball trying to "ice" a free throw shooter. Once the shooter has the ball, the defense can't call TO! You have to ice them before that.
Yeah, but it was sorta funny the gobblers losing the game that way. Sounds like something that would have happened to us under Fed, when everything that could go wrong seemed to do so.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
The Hokies misery is ongoing. Pitt leads 40-14, and the score is not misleading. It is obvious that VT has the talent to be better, but the team looks semi-organized. The Pitt team looks like a unit, and that starts with the coaching staff.

VT does not look like a team unit.

Reactions: Archer2
Flames vs wusspeckers. Peckers act like they won the acc with this win....bless em.
What I kept thinking about watching the game was how much our D would have been helped if we had signed Payton Wilson and Alim McNeill,

ADVERTISEMENT