ADVERTISEMENT

Honeymoon in Carolina

GACMAN

Hall of Famer
Oct 19, 2004
My son is getting married in mid June in Arkansas and is thinking a trip to the mountains and the outer banks of Carolina sounds like a great honeymoon. Probably will drive so coming thru the mountains first for a couple of days, hitting the outer banks and then back thru the mountains. Opening this up to the expert tour guides for suggestions. Travel routes, places that are must see and or do and places to stay. Any and all suggestions, within reason please, are welcome! Thank you!!!

My son is getting married in mid June in Arkansas and is thinking a trip to the mountains and the outer banks of Carolina sounds like a great honeymoon. Probably will drive so coming thru the mountains first for a couple of days, hitting the outer banks and then back thru the mountains. Opening this up to the expert tour guides for suggestions. Travel routes, places that are must see and or do and places to stay. Any and all suggestions, within reason please, are welcome! Thank you!!!

it is a LONG ways from the NC mountains to the OBX. Better check out travel times

other than that, what are they looking for? Budget?

it is a LONG ways from the NC mountains to the OBX. Better check out travel times

other than that, what are they looking for? Budget?
I am encouraging him to take a couple of weeks and see and do as much as they can. Budget is not unlimited but will be enough to have some fun.

Are they looking for peace & quiet, or partying/restaurants? Are they more into hiking and activity or just kicking back? Foodies or bbq-junkies?

Have they spent time in Nashville? That might be a fun jump-start or finale. Nashville is a blast if you like live music at all.

Drive times on WNC can be slow, but worth it if you like the views, hiking, etc.

One option is to enter near Joyce kilmer memorial park and 'tail of the dragon' on your way to nantahala outdoor center (rent duckies for their class 2/3 rapids). Then wind around to cashiers, highlands, sapphire toward brevard hitting up all those waterfalls and hikes in that area (and transylvania county).

From there i'd go up to Asheville and do it's highlights and blue ridge parkway, then head to the beach, stopping in Ch hill for the bball museum.

Could do blowing rock and that part of blue ridge parkway (linville, grandfather mtn, julian price) on the way back. I've never been to great smoky mtns nat park, but you might as well route thru there on the way back west.

Reactions: GACMAN
ADVERTISEMENT