ADVERTISEMENT

How do you like our chances against the Hokies...

D-line will be the key. Can’t give a QB lots of time in the pocket when you’re missing a ton of players in the secondary.

I'm glad it's not a night game but it will still be the toughest environment that Sam has faced. He seems like he's got ice water in his veins, so maybe it won't matter to him.

VT will be pumped to beat us, and they have a dual-threat qb starting now, which always worries me. Hopefully Bateman will have our D ready. I believe he will.

All that said, I give VT a slight edge... maybe 55% to our 45% chance of winning.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
D-line will be the key. Can’t give a QB lots of time in the pocket when you’re missing a ton of players in the secondary.
And VT's 2 WRs are very good.

We need pass rushers who stay in their lanes to contain Hooker. We need push from Crawford and Strowbridge. We need Surratt to be as quick and fast and tough as VT fears he is.

carolina needs to establish a strong recruiting presence in tidewater, va. that means beating va tech and uva. these are huge games for our goal of being a top 20 program.

I would say us being favored in Blacksburg at all is a pretty big deal considering we’ve only won twice up there since they joined the ACC.
I didn't know that. My more vivid memory of VT is the hurricane game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archer2
Either way, the point is that it's kind of a big deal for us to be favored over them in blacksburg even if it's only by 3. Assuming the usual 3 points for home field, that means Vegas sees us as 6 points better on a neutral field and we'd be 9 pt favorites if this was in Chapel Hill.

I don't think they are a very good team, but we still have a lot to prove and all of the injuries in our secondary could be very problematic with WR being the strength of their team.

I would say us being favored in Blacksburg at all is a pretty big deal considering we’ve only won twice up there since they joined the ACC.
Indeed. We have struggled mightily against them, especially in Blacksburg.

Either way, the point is that it's kind of a big deal for us to be favored over them in blacksburg even if it's only by 3. Assuming the usual 3 points for home field, that means Vegas sees us as 6 points better on a neutral field and we'd be 9 pt favorites if this was in Chapel Hill.

I don't think they are a very good team, but we still have a lot to prove and all of the injuries in our secondary could be very problematic with WR being the strength of their team.
This is of great concern going into this game. They’re playing better with Hooker at QB. He is an able passer and can kill you with his legs. As someone said in another thread, we must be disciplined and stay in our lanes or he will make us pay dearly.

Bud Foster gives you so many different looks on defense, our young OL is going to be challenged. Lastly, they always seem to excel in the kicking game, blocking a punt or returning a kickoff for a TD, and our special teams have been erratic as hell.

I'm going to this game and am worried about it. That place is hard to win in. The last time I was there was 2017 and you know what happened then. The crowd noise is unbelievable.

I think we have about a 40-50 percent chance of winning this game. That's based on playing in Lane Stadium and the fact we have lost so many d-backs. Also we beat them in OT when we had the great team in 2015. It is going to be a tough slog Saturday.

I'm going to this game and am worried about it. That place is hard to win in. The last time I was there was 2017 and you know what happened then. The crowd noise is unbelievable.

I think we have about a 40-50 percent chance of winning this game. That's based on playing in Lane Stadium and the fact we have lost so many d-backs. Also we beat them in OT when we had the great team in 2015. It is going to be a tough slog Saturday.
Tough slog: Just what this Tar Heels team likes.

The game is a sell out. As many of us know from VT boards, they HATE UNC almost as much as they hate UVA. Hokies rarely hate Dook or Moo or Wake or Clemson or GT or Pitt or even Miami. But a host of them hate UNC.

VT will be raring to play and win this game.

Last three have been hokies 22-19 last year at home, 59-7 thrashing in bleaksburg in 2017 and 34-3 in the hurricane bowl at home in 2016...we owe em big time, our boys ought to be up for this one. Here is hoping we get our heel on their turkey necks and never let up!!!

Last three have been hokies 22-19 last year at home, 59-7 thrashing in bleaksburg in 2017 and 34-3 in the hurricane bowl at home in 2016...we owe em big time, our boys ought to be up for this one. Here is hoping we get our heel on their turkey necks and never let up!!!
I like that statistic. We are due for a win.

Reactions: Archer2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT