ADVERTISEMENT

How Hard Are We Going After Traudt?

What Would Jesus Do?

Hall of Famer
Nov 28, 2010
I think he'd be a great addition to an already good class.

In a recent interview he says good things about us, but they are mostly generic comments. Whereas he says good specific things about MSU, Virginia, and Nebraska, and it sounds like he would welcome a Gonzaga offer.

Sounds like we may have some catching up to do. I hope we don't wait too long.

I understand that we may be more focused on Lively. And, let's face it, getting lively could be the cherry on top. But he's also likely to be OAD.

One reason for not waiting is that he sounds favorable to home state team Nebraska. Now Nebraska has sucked for the last 2 seasons. But they have a stellar incoming class. And Hoiberg showed he was a good coach at Iowa State. So . . . if Traudt's recruiting drags out, that gives Hoiberg a chance to make Nebraska more attractive - by winning games.

In other words, unless we are darn sure we're getting Lively, I think we should be recruiting Traudt hard.

Traudt and Whitmore look to me like the ideal way to round out this class, although some other guys aren't too shabby, either.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
WW, from everything I hear and really believe is solid, the 2 guys Hubert is putting the full court press on is Troudt and the Whitmore kid (speaking of the current class). That is not to say he is not working Lively hard but just that the 2 primary names he has had now for a good while, at least since snagging Washington, is Troudt and Whitmore.

I do think in the case of Troudt that Hubert feels he is in a better position for him than he may feel about Lively. No guarantee we get either kid but at least in the case of Troudt I do think he is doing everything we would want him to do and frankly, not sure there is another program in the country that would not trade places with us right now in where we stand with the kid. Gosh, am I hinting enough...

Just a little tid bit, did ya know that the 2 guys that Troudt hung out with during his visit were McKoy and Manek? Now why, was it because the kid wanted to understand why those 2 fellas would leave very highly respected programs to come to UNC, as in how is UNC different than those other programs? Just another hint as to what I see coming and why...

Traudt, Whitmore, Lively: any combo of two of them would be great for UNC and for Hubs! In any case, it is clear we have a master recruiter at the helm!

Reactions: Heels5150
ADVERTISEMENT