ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane saves UCF

Fed's record in games with more than 1 week to prepare is something like 4 and 12.

Fed's record in games with more than 1 week to prepare is something like 4 and 12.
I don't think time to prepare is the issue. And that number is kinda meaningless without a bigger data set, or knowing how many times we were favored, etc.

We looked like pure crap vs Cal, but looked even worse vs ECU when had just a week minus jetlag.

The D plan looked fine, the D was actually solid in almost every first half last yr. But as bad as Elliot was, no amount of prep was going to change that outcome. The plan of attack with the Elliot limitations was just bad, no change in prep-time for us or the opponent would've made the Cal offensive output any better without a revamp of that scheme.

I don't think time to prepare is the issue. And that number is kinda meaningless without a bigger data set, or knowing how many times we were favored, etc.

We looked like pure crap vs Cal, but looked even worse vs ECU when had just a week minus jetlag.

The D plan looked fine, the D was actually solid in almost every first half last yr. But as bad as Elliot was, no amount of prep was going to change that outcome. The plan of attack with the Elliot limitations was just bad, no change in prep-time for us or the opponent would've made the Cal offensive output any better without a revamp of that scheme.
It wasn't just Elliott. The entire offense looked awful, looked like the players hadn't practiced with one another since Spring. And that is 100% on the coaching staff.

What did they do with the time?

jet lag didn't affect our cal game because fedora had studied the problem and decided not to let the players sleep on the flight. had them walking the aisles to stay awake.
per jones pregame.

so why couldn't we switch locations and split the money?
Unless there was something scheduled for their new on campus stadium, say a big concert, there is no reason it could not have been done. Just arrange another game for later when UCF goes to Chapel Hill.

My guess is that Bubba wanted the week off to pray for Fedora to get it together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT