ADVERTISEMENT

I have something that I want to express,please.

shun1

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2003
(1) To recognize the fact that us humans are a hell of a crowd to please.

(2) To have PATIENCE, which is a good thing for humans to have.

(3) As always to recognize that we all have free will to think,say & do what ever we want.

With all of this said, I want to express my support for our UNC TAR HEELS football team & coaching staff.
for those that don't know, I am 68 years old. At a younger age I could not had posted what I did above...SMILE...and life goes on
!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ohio tarheels
All things, even virtues, become problematic in unnatural excess. If, for example, we have patience with a child who has been an addict for 20 years and have not stoped enabling, we certainly are helping that child commit slow suicide. Less serious - if we have patience with a football program that has 3 consecutive losing seasons, we are claiming virtue while overseeing ruination. And that guarantees that more work must be done by others to clean up the mess eventually, or else we accept permanent 2nd and then 3rd class status.

Yes, life goes on. And all kinds of things are more important than sports. But this is a UNC football board.

Reactions: JimmyinVA and shun1
All things, even virtues, become problematic in unnatural excess. If, for example, we have patience with a child who has been an addict for 20 years and have not stoped enabling, we certainly are helping that child commit slow suicide. Less serious - if we have patience with a football program that has 3 consecutive losing seasons, we are claiming virtue while overseeing ruination. And that guarantees that more work must be done by others to clean up the mess eventually, or else we accept permanent 2nd and then 3rd class status.

Yes, life goes on. And all kinds of things are more important than sports. But this is a UNC football board.
Hi WoadBlue...SMILE

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) To recognize the fact that us humans are a hell of a crowd to please.

(2) To have PATIENCE, which is a good thing for humans to have.

(3) As always to recognize that we all have free will to think,say & do what ever we want.

With all of this said, I want to express my support for our UNC TAR HEELS football team & coaching staff.
for those that don't know, I am 68 years old. At a younger age I could not had posted what I did above...SMILE...and life goes on
!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Shun my friend, while I absolutely appreciate you and your wonderful nature, all things run their course. Larry has become a wealthy man by being our coach, he has had a heck of an opportunity afforded him. I stood by John (Bunting) because I liked the man but it was time for a change, I have stood as well by Larry but it is now time for a change, he has lost this fan base and I see no hope for his getting it back.

The clock has ticked...

Shun my friend, while I absolutely appreciate you and your wonderful nature, all things run their course. Larry has become a wealthy man by being our coach, he has had a heck of an opportunity afforded him. I stood by John (Bunting) because I liked the man but it was time for a change, I have stood as well by Larry but it is now time for a change, he has lost this fan base and I see no hope for his getting it back.

The clock has ticked...
He also has lost the area HS coaches and players. That was increasingly obvious before this season started. And there is not a single sign that he is making up for that with recruiting inroads elsewhere.

Reactions: JimmyinVA
I really want to encourage my fellow posters to support our UNC football team.

!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TAR HEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think anyone is of the mindset to not support them. That isn't the issue. Maybe the team deserves more. I can guarantee you that the fan base deserves more than what the football program has morphed into. Not the kids fault. Don't think anyone is blaming them.

Don't think anyone is of the mindset to not support them. That isn't the issue. Maybe the team deserves more. I can guarantee you that the fan base deserves more than what the football program has morphed into. Not the kids fault. Don't think anyone is blaming them.
Nope, in fact the opposite is the case. The players deserve better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT