ADVERTISEMENT

I'm at the same point

UNC71-00

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2003
With basketball as I am with football. I will DVR the games and wait to hear who wins before watching. Still watching lacrosse and baseball real time or avoiding the score until I can watch.

Does that make me a bad fan?

Doesn't make you a bad fan. You're just saving yourself heartburn and annoyance.

After Moo, I'm taking a break on watching basketball. I chose to come in to the office and knock some things out in lieu of watching the game today.

I'll watch and cheer for my Heels. I did the same for our 8-20 season . .

So Rich, . . are you saying you'll only watch the game after you find out we have won or lost . . ?

Originally posted by BillyL:

I'll watch and cheer for my Heels. I did the same for our 8-20 season . .

So Rich, . . are you saying you'll only watch the game after you find out we have won or lost . . ?
No- the outcome has only a little to do with it. I will watch if I have time, unless I know they turned in a performance like they did against Moo.

it doesn't make you a bad fan...

i still dvr both and won't check scores until i've watched.

now, after a loss by both programs i'm more likely to move on literally after a few minutes.

i can admit though, since butch davis became head coach and then fired, i'm way more emotionally charged up with carolina football than ever...i think i became a premium subscriber because of him...i even find myself arguing with folks about the football program more than the basketball program.

Originally posted by gteeitup:

i can admit though, since butch davis became head coach and then fired, i'm way more emotionally charged up with carolina football than ever...i think i became a premium subscriber because of him...i even find myself arguing with folks about the football program more than the basketball program.
It's funny because I've also come full-circle on the basketball vs football thing. As y'all know, I post a ton more about football than basketball.

But my initial love of the Tar Heels started with basketball. Carolina football (and all college football, really) wasn't on my radar as a young kid because I watched whatever my dad watched which was Tar Heel basketball, NASCAR, golf, and Bucs football. When I asked him why we never watched UNC football (circa '99 or so), his response was simply "they usually suck"
laugh.r191677.gif

But somewhere along the way, I've completely reversed and cannot get enough of Tar Heel football, whereas I have to work at getting into basketball (and usually can't until conference play). There's just something about it. I love Kenan, I love the energy at college football games. It sure as hell ain't the results lol, but I just can't get enough. I'm sorta disillusioned with basketball in general, of late.

thn11, and yet, despite what i typed, i've decided to do my annual game thread disappearance for carolina basketball b/c it's brought good karma during the last three years...i'll allow myself to post before and after games on the basketball boards, but not during games on the game day thread.

I usually record all Heels games and let them get about an hour ahead just to save time zipping through commercials and halftime jibber-jabber.
Normally I avoid peeking at the score but I did for the dook game and erased it without ever watching it.

I like to DVR all BB and FB games. I watch live but I like to go back and view key plays/calls made at critical times. As some have said, I am more into Football than Basketball. I guess I take BB somewhat for granted, but am eternally optimistic about FB. Go figure. Love them both!!!

Originally posted by mikeirbyusa:
To bad you missed a great game!

Brice & JP with double-doubles.
cool.r191677.gif
I saw it yesterday without even knowing the score. Brice played well.

Has Meeks put back on a good portion of the weight he lost or do I need to adjust my TV picture?

Originally posted by UNC71-00:

To bad you missed a great game!

Brice & JP with double-doubles.
cool.r191677.gif
I saw it yesterday without even knowing the score. Brice played well.

Has Meeks put back on a good portion of the weight he lost or do I need to adjust my TV picture?
No, don't think he has added any, this off season he can concentrate on getting lift and becoming a complete player. DESPERATELY needs to add a nice little jump-hook to his arsenal. For whatever reason, he simply cannot get a call no matter how hard he is fouled.

how about meeks just learning to finish...also, perhaps a mean streak, although that just doesn't happen in some...take more food away????

Originally posted by gteeitup:
how about meeks just learning to finish...also, perhaps a mean streak, although that just doesn't happen in some...take more food away????
Mean streak ---- yeah me and a buddy were talking about that recently, how carefree and passive Meeks is around the rim. Frustrates the crap outta me!! I guess you can't force or even teach a player to play "pissed off" but I sure wish he would be more that way.

Completely agree. I've noted many time that this is may be the "nicest" team we've ever had. That could be part of the consistency/intensity problem.

Back to the OP, my FIL has been DVRing Florida games for years and only watching if they win. He's had a lot more free time the last couple seasons, LOL.

Originally posted by Raising Heel:
Completely agree. I've noted many time that this is may be the "nicest" team we've ever had. That could be part of the consistency/intensity problem.

Back to the OP, my FIL has been DVRing Florida games for years and only watching if they win. He's had a lot more free time the last couple seasons, LOL.
MuschampLostToGeorgiaSouthernLoller

Have a surprise birthday dinner for a friend tomorrow night. I've been waffling about going because of the game, but have decided to go. I'll DVR the game, do my best to ignore people yelling score updates at me, and watch it only if we win. Or maybe if it's a close game. I don't know. I've never done this before. I'm scared. Hold me.

Have a surprise birthday dinner for a friend tomorrow night. I've been waffling about going because of the game, but have decided to go. I'll DVR the game, do my best to ignore people yelling score updates at me, and watch it only if we win. Or maybe if it's a close game. I don't know. I've never done this before. I'm scared. Hold me.
None of this applies to the Duke game, obviously. Only a fake Tarheel would miss the Duke game.

Please don't tell Radar.
You're screwing all of us by not being a real-time fan for the dOOk game. I am so hurt right now.

third year in a row we're helping chair our kid's elementary school auction and it's always the same night as the last carolina/duke game...i dvr the game and avoid the tv in whatever establishment that is hosting...i'll turn off all score alerts, etc and avoid anyone that has an interest or that will tell me score updates on purpose.

two years ago i got really smashed, bid on close to a $1000 worth of shit and then came home and started the game at 12:30...duke was up 15-0 and led by 25 at half, i was so pissed.

Please don't tell Radar.
You're screwing all of us by not being a real-time fan for the dOOk game. I am so hurt right now.
IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT *YOU*, BILLY!!!

Dude, are you yelling at me . . . ?

Looks like some of y'all been in the gunpowder!
I have no idea what RH got into, but, that yelling at me BS ain't gonna fly . .

Looks like some of y'all been in the gunpowder!
I have no idea what RH got into, but, that yelling at me BS ain't gonna fly . .
Sorry, Billy.

At the time of that post, I had just found out that my FIL -- who lives in Florida -- was dropping by my house for a surprise overnight visit on his drive home from a job in Ohio. Even better, my wife was already out with friends for girls' night so I had to rush home to straighten up the house before he got there. Was a wee bit stressed out. My bad.

RH . .

My apologies to you, I was just teasing in trying to make you feel bad about missing the Heels' game . . I know you got some good friends that share a lot of holiday celebrations, and you can't ignore them.

Enjoy the party . .!

GO HEELS . . . ,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT