ADVERTISEMENT

Is 71 watching?

Raising Heel

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2008
A van down by the river
Or is he at some damned horse show?

#2 UNC at #1 Notre Dame men's lacrosse on ESPNU. Heels had a 14-12 lead but got a 2-minute penalty with about 1:30 left. Notre Dame scored, so it's now 14-13 with :59 left. Irish with possession.

Irish score with 0:07 left. That penalty was really costly. Heels with a last gasp here.

Heels win the ensuing face off but Goldstock's shot it wide. UNC loses 15-14 after giving up 3 goals in 1:30. Ugh.

And the Notre Dame fans rush the field, LOL.

Dammn 71, I hate these part-time UNC fans . . he's probably off at some surprise birthday party for a friend.

He let us all down, I can't tell ya how hurt I am . .

*** smfh ***

Hmm seems like we pulled a Moo. Snatched defeat from the jaws of a seemingly sure fire win.

Just as an aside, Notre Dame seems like they are one of only a handful of schools to have a better all-around athletics program than Carolina.

Originally posted by TarHeelNation11:

Just as an aside, Notre Dame seems like they are one of only a handful of schools to have a better all-around athletics program than Carolina.
I wouldn't say better but maybe comparable. UNC often finishes higher in the Learfield Directors' Cup standings. That said, I used to despise Notre Dame before the trip up there for the football game last fall. I gained a new respect for them and how unique their fan base is. There's no other school with their broad national appeal, thanks in part to the obvious Catholic connection. To be honest, I was a little jealous. But I'll never be anything other than 100% Tar Heel.

Yes, I was at a stupid horse show. Just finished watching on DVR. Thought it was a great effort and without that bs non releaseable penalty call, we almost certainly win that game. And it was a BS call of the highest order.

Look, we just played the #1 team on the road and should have won. This UNC team is very, very good and well suited to go deep in the tourney. Can't ask more than that.

Also, Key, you are fool and a dolt. Please quit cheering for Carolina. And don't tell anyone you went to school at UNC.

I thought the call was terrible. Of course, the hit was also unnecessary, as was the risk on the pass that led to the TO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT