ADVERTISEMENT

It's Bo Time

I'm sure this has been talked about somewhere in the football forums but I have a few questions regarding NIL and money that is made.

Are current players considered boosters of the program? Can players that make money on their NIL give other players/recruits money while on campus? What about kids who don't play much or at all? How can they make money?

I thought I read an article the other day where Bubba talked about a “group” feature of UNC’s take on NIL included a portion of proceeds to be distributed to team members who are not able to secure lucrative deals. At least that’s my understanding.

Are current players considered boosters of the program? Can players that make money on their NIL give other players/recruits money while on campus?
Recruits still can't get money just to attend. All those rules are still in place.
other players/recruits money while on campus? What about kids who don't play much or at all? How can they make money?
Be creative. It works just like the real world. Want to get paid, you either become good at what you do or get creative. I read an article the other day where a player was going to teach music lessons to make some money. Probably won't be much, but that's what it will be for most.

UNC just announced a group licensing deal where players can get together and make money. That would be a great idea that could make the lesser known people some money. Think of a group like Sam and the OL. That group would basically share money that they are responsible for under that deal, but still be free for individual deals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT