ADVERTISEMENT

John Swofford to retire

It will NOT be a white conservative male. With everything going on now at least one of those three will not be attached to the next Commissioner.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance
Despite what moo fans think, this is a big loss for the conference. He did a great job and kept the conference from splitting up on more than one occasion.

I thought he did a pretty good job. I'm sure it is not easy trying to please every school in the conference. Being a North Carolina grad means nothing he could do would make State happy.

It will NOT be a white conservative male. With everything going on now at least one of those three will not be attached to the next Commissioner.
It would make sense to have a new Commissioner who is a member of a group that helped destroy the CFB Hall of Fame.

Reactions: uncfootball-
I don't know why, but the first name that popped into my head was Condoleezza Rice. Not much athletic experience, but she checks some boxes and has a ND connection. Plus she would work in the current PC climate. I'm not saying that I want her, just thinking she might be on the list.

Reactions: uncfootball-
Bernadette McGlade is a possible name. She's the current A10 commissioner, former ACC associate commissioner and a former UNC basketball player. Can you imagine the reaction from moo fans if another UNC grad was hired?

Hire someone who will kick enough teams out that hoops can be round robin again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT