ADVERTISEMENT

JUNIOR DAY NOTES

JRowland

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So I realize the timing of this could not possibly be worse, but the great thing about message boards is I can post this, pin it, and you can read it after the game or tomorrow.

2016 quarterback David Moore spoke with Heckendorf in advance of the trip. Heckendorf told him to wait and come in on a day when he can get more individualized attention.

Moore has not been offered but he really likes UNC a lot. If UNC offered I think they'd take the lead. Wake Forest has offered but Moore is concerned about the prospects there as far as winning and losing games.

Tommy Devito, a 2017 quarterback from Don Bosco in New Jersey, said he fell in love with UNC today. Was blown away visiting with his family. Heckendorf will visit him this spring to watch him throw. He will surely see a lot of other offer-worthy players at that football factor.

Another 2017 prospect, in-state linebacker Justin Foster, has a UNC offer already. He visited with some teammates and he's been on campus several times already. He likes UNC a lot. Says he has "medium" interest in the program but it's obvious that he feels strongly about the school. The new defensive staff spoke with him about their need for bigger linebackers moving forward and they were adamant that he fits the bill. He thinks they'll be a big upgrade.

Speaking of in-state linebackers, Jonathan Smith did make it, too. He's been to UNC several times and Duke seven times, by his own estimate today. UNC, Duke, Michigan, LSU and Georgia Tech are his five favorites. LSU has not shown much interest.

He, like Foster, really likes the new defensive staff and is excited about them.

2016 South Carolina quarterback Avery McCall visited. No quarterback meetings but the practice revealed an offense that really caught his attention. He's convinced it would be an easy transition because it's similar in principle to the kind of offense they run in high school. I think if UNC offered they would be ahead of NC State and ECU, even if those schools offered. I don't know that he's close to that offer, frankly. He will visit NC State soon. McCall said UNC "stood out" in terms of the campus visit and what he saw in Chapel Hill.

C.J. Freeman the in-state running back did not make it. UNC is saying they really want him on campus. I'm not sure if they're playing it cautious because he has canceled visits time and again, but that's where things stand. He visits South Carolina (again) soon and the Gamecocks have his full attention. He really loves Steve's Spurrier's program and their offer blew him away. Freeman told me South Carolina, Auburn and Virginia Tech are standing out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News