ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields possibly leaving Georgia

Jalen Hurts has more character than Fields and better sense. Hurts in the SEC championship finally looked like he could do something as QB other than run the ball. The reason is that when he lost the job, he went to work with QB coach Dan Enos to improve his passing.

If I am an NFL GM, that would make me very interested in Hurts. If he does not improve any more, he would not be worth much as an NFL QB, but that work ethic means I would want him on my team. He could become a WR or HB or RB, and he would work to earn his spot.

Reactions: MWHeels
Heard on the local radio station today that Penn State is a possibility for Fields, especially if he receives a waiver to play next year from the NCAA....Another option could be Notre Dame...Don't know if Georgia would agree to let him sign with an SEC team?....If they do, Auburn might be another destination for Fields?

Why would he be eligible for a waiver? I'm leaving he's only leaving based on not being able to start ahead of Fromm.

Fsu twitter claims they’re gonna let howell flip so they can get fields

Yeah, FSU is pretty desperate right now....They are trying to lure as many OL prospects as possible, even JUCO OL, in order to get a QB to commit, or transfer to them....

Fields would be as crazy as Howell if he does transfer to FSU because Taggert will likely be gone after next season...

You can get as many quality OL as you can find but if you don't have a coach that can coach them up; Then, your QB is going to spend a lot of time on his back, and the RB will be hard pressed to get the ball past the line of scrimmage.... That's FSU in a nutshell....

Reactions: MWHeels
Jalen Hurts has more character than Fields and better sense. Hurts in the SEC championship finally looked like he could do something as QB other than run the ball. The reason is that when he lost the job, he went to work with QB coach Dan Enos to improve his passing.

If I am an NFL GM, that would make me very interested in Hurts. If he does not improve any more, he would not be worth much as an NFL QB, but that work ethic means I would want him on my team. He could become a WR or HB or RB, and he would work to earn his spot.

Don't see Hurts ever throwing a pass at the NFL level. Now maybe he is a good enough athlete to make it as a RB, WR, or safety. Don't know. But even with his devotion to Enos, just don't see him as enough of a natural thrower to make it in the league.

Don't see Hurts ever throwing a pass at the NFL level. Now maybe he is a good enough athlete to make it as a RB, WR, or safety. Don't know. But even with his devotion to Enos, just don't see him as enough of a natural thrower to make it in the league.
Probably not, but his work ethic to improve his passing game is exactly what you want on your team.

If I were Saban, I'd give him every chance this Spring to get time at other positions to help him have the best shot at an NFL career.

I'm wondering if he will get the waiver to be able to play next year.

He gets the automatic transfer as a graduate transfer.

As far as Saban giving him time at other positions, that ain't happening. Hurts won't be at Alabama. Will transfer somewhere he can play QB.

One rumor is that the race-based hate/harrassment he received from one of the baseball teammembers during a game could be his hardship.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/12/18/justin-fields-transfer-news-georgia-bulldogs

A kid in the stands yelling out “put my n——a Justin in!” doesn’t qualify as “harassment” under any sense of the word.

The baseball player was trying to be supportive but was drunk and used a term he shouldn’t have - it was at a time Fromm was struggling and he was literally calling for Justin to be put in, and of course Justin couldn’t hear it.

The University then cut loose one of its best baseball players because of the bad look. If that’s being a victim of hate/harassment then I don’t see it. I wish Fields the best and think people should play where they want, but give me a break that he was harassed at Georgia through that incident.

If anything the horde of UGa fans around the world constantly called for more of him in games all year. He was a fan favorite.

Somebody is always going to try and turn it into a racial deal. Those are the times we live in. Bottom line is that Fields thought he could take the QB slot from Frohm. Both are great players. He decided he wanted to play as opposed to waiting for From to be gone. Don't have a problem with that at all.

Somebody is always going to try and turn it into a racial deal. Those are the times we live in. Bottom line is that Fields thought he could take the QB slot from Frohm. Both are great players. He decided he wanted to play as opposed to waiting for From to be gone. Don't have a problem with that at all.
Nope - it's his call. But he should have to sit.

Lots of rumors that Francois has left or will be leaving FSU. If Fields doesn't end up there, they may be in trouble.

Taggert is a sinking ship. MooU will benefit for awhile until FSU gets a real coach, but hopefully WF, BC and Syracuse step up to kick the wolpfackers.

Reactions: franklin street
Bruce Feldman reports that he's on campus at OSU now, visiting. But Haskins hasn't even announced he's officially leaving early for NFL. Fields won't start over Haskins.

Crazy times. But better for him to go to OSU than Miami, or someone else in the coastal ;)

Definitely. I know FSU was trying hard to get him, especially after Howell chose the good guys.

I read that Miami may target Tyree Jackson from Buffalo as a transfer option. Wimbush is out there as well.

Fields must know Haskins is leaving even if there hasn't been an official announcement yet.

Apparently, Francois is leaving FSU - either for the NFL or as a grad transfer.

FSU has some issues to work through.

FSU is a dumpster fire right now.
Which surely is a reason that Justin Fields did not head to Tallahassee. After all, even if Haskins goes NFL this year, Ohio St has Tate Martell waiting in line. Like the recent OU QBs, he is said to be too short. But he is a very tough and knowledgable QB, not as quick and fast as Murray but heavier and stronger than Mayfield. And he is a pure winner. I think may have more wins as a HS QB than anybody ever.

Martell made comments on twitter a few days ago about the possible transfer. He didn't seem to happy about it.

My question is whether Fields will be granted the waiver to play next year. If it's based on the fan's racist comments, as bad as they were, I'm not sure that's enough to qualify as a "hardship" to get the waiver. That would open up a big can of worms.

On the flip side though, you have Diaz getting hired at Temple and the leaving for the Miami job two weeks later. So I guess if coaches are able to leave on a whim without any penalties, players should have the same rights.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Haskins officially declares for the draft clearing the way for Fields and Martell to battle for the starting QB spot.

Tate Martell transferring from Ohio State. Does any player want to compete for their spot anymore? I'm sure he will want to play next year, so I wonder what he will use for this "hardship" argument.

Tate Martell transferring from Ohio State. Does any player want to compete for their spot anymore? I'm sure he will want to play next year, so I wonder what he will use for this "hardship" argument.
He didn't even wait to see what happens during Spring practice.

The NCAA granted the waiver, so Fields will be eligible to play at Ohio State this coming season.

The Martell decision will be interesting. I read that he will be using Urban Meyer's retirement as his "hardship" reason for transferring. If that gets granted, it's all over.

ADVERTISEMENT