ADVERTISEMENT

Justin McKoy is now a Tarheel

mccoy better than platek?
I think he will be. Platek was a shooting guard whose shot(perhaps the most important asset for a shooting guard), never fell consistently. And he wasn’t innately gifted enough athletically to compensate in other ways.

McKoy isn’t going to wow you athletically but he’s well built and supposedly a pretty good shooter. I don’t know whether he’ll play the 3 or the 4, I suspect the latter, and more than likely some of both. If Kessler doesn’t return, we’re desperately going to be in need of big bodies. We have plenty of scholarships, he’s worth the chance and he has 3 years to improve at UNC.

And I’ll reiterate, he’s been well coached at UVA. He already knows how important defense is. I expect he’ll play quite a bit, heck he may have to start if Kessler leaves.

I think he will be. Platek was a shooting guard whose shot(perhaps the most important asset for a shooting guard), never fell consistently. And he wasn’t innately gifted enough athletically to compensate in other ways.

McKoy isn’t going to wow you athletically but he’s well built and supposedly a pretty good shooter. I don’t know whether he’ll play the 3 or the 4, I suspect the latter, and more than likely some of both. If Kessler doesn’t return, we’re desperately going to be in need of big bodies. We have plenty of scholarships, he’s worth the chance and he has 3 years to improve at UNC.

And I’ll reiterate, he’s been well coached at UVA. He already knows how important defense is. I expect he’ll play quite a bit, heck he may have to start if Kessler leaves.
great info bo. i like this. big bodies needed for sure....

Reactions: Archer2
So Brooks supposedly set to join Mississippi? Bacot testing the waters, Kessler supposedly gone and King Rice basically telling Davis to “Pound Sand” by staying at Monmouth. Now we get a guy from VA who averaged 3 points a game and warmed the bench. Did I miss anything? We are certainly off to a bang up start aren’t we. I’d say lots of butterflies and pixie dust is being spread pretty thick on a once proud basketball program. But Go Heels Go! My question is, where are they going?

• Sad
Reactions: TPFKAPFS
So Brooks supposedly set to join Mississippi? Bacot testing the waters, Kessler supposedly gone and King Rice basically telling Davis to “Pound Sand” by staying at Monmouth. Now we get a guy from VA who averaged 3 points a game and warmed the bench. Did I miss anything? We are certainly off to a bang up start aren’t we. I’d say lots of butterflies and pixie dust is being spread pretty thick on a once proud basketball program. But Go Heels Go! My question is, where are they going?
Lmao

Chill dude, its April....
Maybe head to the beach for a few months, chill, sip on a whiskey or two and just let chips fall where they may.

McKoy was a solid pickup, not a star but a solid role player who will be a foundational guy. He’ll most likely be around 3 years and will help to fill our need for big men.

This is Hubert’s first official commitment. Hopefully, Bacot and Kessler return. If so, that would mean major starting minutes for both with McKoy getting quite a bit of time off the bench. He’s not a home run get, but a solid base hit.

And was King going to be a home run hire? Probably not, judging from his resumé. He’s run his own program for quite a while now, and had moderate success. Perhaps he didn’t want to relinquish the complete control of being HC. Can’t really blame him for that.

I’m not expecting immediate miracles from Hubert. We have to let him get a couple of recruiting classes under his belt to know if he’s going to recruit well. But if he gets Bacot and Kessler to return, that would be a good indication that he can sell the program.

I am concerned that he will fill his staff with Carolina guys, to the exclusion of more qualified coaches. I hope we get the most qualified staff we can, regardless of where they come from. A little fresh blood might be just what the doctor ordered.

Reactions: Sk1310
I am concerned that he will fill his staff with Carolina guys, to the exclusion of more qualified coaches. I hope we get the most qualified staff we can, regardless of where they come from. A little fresh blood might be just what the doctor ordered.
Jay Bilas is next.

Just kidding. Would be a fun hire, but it's hard to imagine a well-known player from either school going to work for the hated rival. Has that ever happened?

Capel is working with his rat loving brother! I give him a pass due to family offsetting Family!

He was also stuck behind players, and only averaged 9 mpg

Why would King Rice leave a HC job to become an assistant?

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT