ADVERTISEMENT

K to Retire

Is it cause we swept them this yr?

9407-3924-4222-ad60-175e9e2c6297.png

• Haha
Reactions: gteeitup
I kinda wonder what the next chapter will look like. No Roy, No K. For all of the things we dislike about Coach K, if we don't have him the last 40 years, then the rivalry suffers immensely, even the game itself.

It should be interesting to see what happens to college sports over the next 5 years.

Reactions: tarheel0910
I kinda wonder what the next chapter will look like. No Roy, No K. For all of the things we dislike about Coach K, if we don't have him the last 40 years, then the rivalry suffers immensely, even the game itself.

It should be interesting to see what happens to college sports over the next 5 years.
I think with both teams staying in house for the coaching decision it will still be just as heated, even if both teams continue to be more down than usual.

If it was like Brad Stevens vs Nate Oats coaching the two programs then I think it would have suffered next 5 years.

I think with both teams staying in house for the coaching decision it will still be just as heated, even if both teams continue to be more down than usual.

If it was like Brad Stevens vs Nate Oats coaching the two programs then I think it would have suffered next 5 years.
Yeah, I don't see the hate going away. Moo has sucked for a lifetime and there is still hate between us. The only thing that would change would be national coverage if we both suck.

to the last three posters, I admit that much of my dook-hate is really K-hate....but all I have to do is remember the drubbings we got when Doherty was our coach, and remind myself how dweebish those jump circle-defending dook fans are....and my hatred of dook won't miss a beat.

Another thing I believe is that recruits would go to dook for the coach, while recruits would go to Carolina for the tradition as well as the coach. Ad Carolina.

Reactions: gteeitup
The only thing that would change would be national coverage if we both suck.
THAT would be terrible. Both teams need to be contenders.

I still believe that UVA is going to rule the ACC as long as Tony Bennett is there. Maybe a new rivalry will develop with UVA. Bennett is hardly a controversial figure, however.

Another thing I believe is that recruits would go to dook for the coach, while recruits would go to Carolina for the tradition as well as the coach. Ad Carolina.
this is a great point and very undervalued.

and i watched part of that s today and his points were “who believed in him” and “how many great players played there.”

no former carolina basketball coach would ever talk about the player’s ability, and certainly not who believed in them as coaches.

Reactions: bluetoe
to the last three posters, I admit that much of my dook-hate is really K-hate....but all I have to do is remember the drubbings we got when Doherty was our coach, and remind myself how dweebish those jump circle-defending dook fans are....and my hatred of dook won't miss a beat.

Plenty of my dook hate is K.

But quite a bit is:
laetner, hurley, Meeks, wojo, rivers sheyer, Collins, Battier, Lang, Langdon, JayWill, +150 others (almost all but Zion, he's too entertaining not to like).

Plenty of my dook hate is K.

But quite a bit is:
laetner, hurley, Meeks, wojo, rivers sheyer, Collins, Battier, Lang, Langdon, JayWill, +150 others (almost all but Zion, he's too entertaining not to like).
good list and I agree with it except I actually liked Grant Hill. The rest can go to hell. I downright despise the doosh that clobbered Hansbrough as well as all those lumbering white guys that he would send in just to bang around and try to disrupt the other teams rhythm when they were on a run.

When Zion got hurt, I had mixed feelings. I really didn't like seeing him injured, but I had a great time imagining what was going on inside K's head at that moment. Makes me smile even now thinking about it.

ADVERTISEMENT