ADVERTISEMENT

Kessler coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely, Maybe, Might, Could, Should, Looking like, yada yada yada. Golly! Hopefully we get an answer (positive I hope) so Hubert knows how best to form next years team.

He then Tweets this. My confidence level just went down a notch (not like it was all that high before).

75-B91-AA2-0-DE4-42-A8-B93-C-2-FD6877-A3270.jpg

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I would think a big announcement would not be a good sign for UNC. Kessler doesn't need to make an announcement to stay at UNC all he needs to do is withdraw name from the portal and show up today or tomorrow to UNC in time for basketball workouts that start back tomorrow.

I would think a big announcement would not be a good sign for UNC. Kessler doesn't need to make an announcement to stay at UNC all he needs to do is withdraw name from the portal and show up today or tomorrow to UNC in time for basketball workouts that start back tomorrow.
Not sure what you mean by "big" but you can be sure there will be some sort of social media announcement either way.

Not sure what you mean by "big" but you can be sure there will be some sort of social media announcement either way.
I know right, Kessler simply saying I have decided to play next season for UNC, no matter if it were a simple face book post would be a thunder jolt across the college basketball land scape. I would put the odds of kessler coming back right now at around 55-45, maybe 60-40. It was absolute ZERO before Hubert was named our head coach and Mark Few would have been the only other coach that would have changed those odds more in our favor.

If Holmgren ends up at Gonzaga I think Kessler makes his public decision within 3 days nd I would LOVE our chances at getting him back. I do think right now it is between UNC and the zags for who Kessler plays for next season, same may be true of Holmgren but I do think the G is a factor for Chet. I think if Chet ends up a Zag, we get kessler back and frankly, that is a pretty much even trade!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I think it is between UNC and Auburn. He hasn't even visited Gonzaga and the decision is expected today or tomorrow at the latest. I'd be surprised if it is Gonazaga at this point.

Reactions: CURRY2WOODYR80
I think it is between UNC and Auburn. He hasn't even visited Gonzaga and the decision is expected today or tomorrow at the latest. I'd be surprised if it is Gonazaga at this point.
I have been given heads up to expect something maybe big late day tomorrow but not a clue as to what it may be, I thought is may have been about King Rice but that does not seem the case now. FINGERS CROSSED!

I have been given heads up to expect something maybe big late day tomorrow but not a clue as to what it may be, I thought is may have been about King Rice but that does not seem the case now. FINGERS CROSSED!
something big good or something big bad?

I know we need him but am I the only one that feels a bit awkward, hoping a sellout, that there are rumors forced the best college basketball coach in the game into retirement?

I don't like it he has already bailed on us one time, who says he won't do it again? Maybe Brooks had a bad attitude because he knew this guy was causing Roy to pull his hair out. Maybe he was talking shit all the time, and keeping the locker room stired up?

Come on regardless of who the coach is the name on the front says North Carolina! We are better that all but begging a quitter to come back! JMO

I know we need him but am I the only one that feels a bit awkward, hoping a sellout, that there are rumors forced the best college basketball coach in the game into retirement?

I don't like it he has already bailed on us one time, who says he won't do it again? Maybe Brooks had a bad attitude because he knew this guy was causing Roy to pull his hair out. Maybe he was talking shit all the time, and keeping the locker room stired up?

Come on regardless of who the coach is the name on the front says North Carolina! We are better that all but begging a quitter to come back! JMO
I don't see Hubert making his statement and Armando reaching out to Kessler if he was a problem in the locker room.

I don't see Hubert making his statement and Armando reaching out to Kessler if he was a problem in the locker room.

I don't disagree, but he is a quitter he wasn't leaving because he was going to try and get paid. He was leaving because he didn't like the situation, coach leaves now he is interested in coming back? Rumors are Roy and him leaving are connected!

I don't like it but if everyone wants to cuddle back up to the guy, who am I to judge!

If he can help us will I'm game I guess!

If it is truly down to UNC and Auburn, when it comes to basketball, how is it even a choice?

UNC easy.
Well he wouldn’t be on campus there if he was not interested. Just saying. Something tells me he wants a fresh start as detrimental to his future that I think that may be.

Reactions: BuckFamaWDE
I don't think he tours campus the day before his announcement if he's not going there.

Good luck Mr. Kessler. I think your blowing it but you haven't consulted with me on anything this far so you can probably live with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT