ADVERTISEMENT

Kessler coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
While true, I’d still rather have 6 ncaa titles n 20 or so final 4s then 6 titles n 6 final 4s. Basically saying he’s a huge loss.

While true, I’d still rather have 6 ncaa titles n 20 or so final 4s then 6 titles n 6 final 4s. Basically saying he’s a huge loss.
The sustained success speaks volumes. Dean did not come in 1st nationally often at all, his sustained elite level means everything. Get to that, and hopefully bring some nattys home. The sustained success puts you in position to do so.

Reactions: TheGLOV and blazers
The sustained success speaks volumes. Dean did not come in 1st nationally often at all, his sustained elite level means everything. Get to that, and hopefully bring some nattys home. The sustained success puts you in position to do so.
100%

Reactions: TheGLOV
We had absolutely ZERO chance at Kessler coming back to UNC until Hubert flatly stated he wanted the kid back at UNC. Now believe what you want but my understanding is that Hubert was expecting a public announcement yesterday that the kid was in fact coming back to UNC per what the kid told Hubert. But in the end, his mom simply wanted him closer to home and he visited Auburn yesterday and committed. I can understand that, hate it but is what it is.

Hubert did not beg anyone, shame on anyone for suggesting he did, he stated flatly he wanted the kid, that is not begging, that was simple stating the fact.

"better coach"? Exactly what is that based on, considering that Hubert has yet to coach a single one o four varsity games, how does anyone know how he will be as a coach? Oh, I know, you don't and I will tell you right now, if given the choice between the coach at Auburn and Hubert Davis, I 1000 times prefer Hubert!

And OMG, SEC has a couple of good seasons and all the sudden their fans think they are ACC level, they are not. IN fact, UNC is closer to being a annual contender for the crown in football than the SEC is in being a great basketball conference. For most of the SECs time they have been a 1 trick pony with Kentucky and a bunch of nothing programs that that thought they were relevant.
I tried to tell UK fans that but they don’t like it.

Reactions: TheGLOV
So Gary was on an Auburn message board pretending he knows more than everyone else, didnt back up his “sources” as usual, was dead wrong, and were surprised people from the Auburn board came over here to make him eat crow?

Reactions: Tarheels39
So Gary was on an Auburn message board pretending he knows more than everyone else, didnt back up his “sources” as usual, was dead wrong, and were surprised people from the Auburn board came over here to make him eat crow?
A dish he shall never eat.

When I saw the link I was hopeful of the conclusion... you did not disappoint, it was exactly what I hoped for...
Raspberry
Ice
Cream
Keeps
Right
On
Licking &
Loving

Reactions: DaSheed
Time to move on from Kessler. The guy doesn't want to play here and therefore I don't want him. He will be throwing up brick after brick from the 3 point area until Pearl sits him and explains where the rim is and he understands his limitations and that UNC understood his game completely. Let's all move on folks, nothing here to see.

Time to move on from Kessler. The guy doesn't want to play here and therefore I don't want him. He will be throwing up brick after brick from the 3 point area until Pearl sits him and explains where the rim is and he understands his limitations and that UNC understood his game completely. Let's all move on folks, nothing here to see.
We normally agree but I have to say that I think that’s a bit harsh. If it were solely up to him, I’m pretty confident he would have returned. But they made it a family decision and his parents weren’t onboard. I also think he’ll do well and go on to become a stretch four in the NBA.

I do agree that it’s time to move on from this. The fact is that the new transfer rule means players are going to be transferring right and left every season. Coaches now have to recruit high school players, continue to recruit and placate current players, and rely on the portal to bring in experienced players as stop gaps. It’s going to get ugly.

I think Roy, like his mentor, had enough of the BS that is now part and parcel of the college game. As I said before, I don’t blame him.

Nah, let's keep this going. It's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT