ADVERTISEMENT

Kessler coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UnfinishedCourageousGangesdolphin-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_o7gogpQAfm1vst49wo3_500.gif

I mean lets be honest.. Alabama has been the standard for football excellence for the past 20 years. Other programs that desperately want to compete at the highest level in football such as UNC and Auburn for example.. will try to copy what Bama has done.

Reactions: heelbent
Hubert didn’t PLEAD with the kid in his presser. He stated clearly that he wanted him on his team, which is totally appropriate since he knows him well. I appreciate the candor and by all accounts it began the process of making it possible for him to return when that seemed impossible prior.

Didn't he withdraw commitment from Bama, and then join UNC?

We should all go over to Bama's site and talk shit over there. 😆

He did but would take a total idiot to talk junk to Bama about getting one of their commitments. I think they have 6 National Titles out of the last 12.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Maybe our coach wasn't going to take an entitled family telling Roy how to play. Maybe your coach was willing to take orders from daddy and mommy Kessler.

Who gives a shyte? He's at Auburn now. I suspect it won't mean much to either program. Y'all ain't winning anything significant with him and we aren't without him.
We wouldn’t have won a title with him but had a much better chance at sweet 16 or elite 8 compared to probably another first round or second at best exit without him.

Auburn fans posting on this board are like me being a football guy going to the Alabama board and trolling if the Heels beat them out for a football recruit.
Fair point. But we should be careful to distinguish between their fans who are just interested and have reasonable questions or comments vs actual trolls.

Some here are awfully quick to call for banning a visitor just because he has a different opinion.

Heck, not that long ago I used to get routine attacks because I went to UMd for grad school after graduating from UNC in 1967. I've been a UNC fan longer than many of you have been alive but some people see the MD in my profile and just go ballistic.

[Hasn't happened in a while, so go ahead and get it out of your system. ;)]

Last edited:
Fair point. But we should be careful to distinguish between their fans who are just interested and have reasonable questions or comments vs actual trolls.

Some here are awful quick to call for banning a visitor just because he has a different opinion.

Heck, not that long ago I used to get routing attacks because I went to UMd for grad school after graduating from UNC in 1967. I've been a UNC fan longer than many of you have been alive but some people see the MD in my profile and just go ballistic.

[Hasn't happened in a while, so go ahead and get it out of your system. ;)]

Well I think someone that posts the score from the last NCAA tourney game between the two schools is not interested in a reasonable conversation.

Well I think someone that posts the score from the last NCAA tourney game between the two schools is not interested in a reasonable conversation.
I wasn't paying enough attention to notice. I guess the question might be "what was his point in posting that?" If you asked him, you might get an interesting answer. Or not.

He's obviously weak, and you simply don't conduct yourself the way he has over the last few weeks without some serious repercussions/karma coming your way. There are consequences for jerking people around.

Hubert actually stuck his neck out for the guy in a big way, and that asshole screwed him over twice, basically. I'll have no sympathy for him at all. And, frankly, I wish he'd never come to Chapel Hill.

watching Herbert BEG at his presser for WK to come back to chapel hill was embarrassing.....and then he picks Auburn? I know they have a more recent Final Four than us, a better coach, and a more competitive conference but I just don’t get it fellas
I just wonder what picture was painted for he, and his father, during his recruitment that obviously didn't come to pass? I know Hubert tried to get him back, but almost seems like he didn't have any trust in one of the current assistants taking over.

watching Herbert BEG at his presser for WK to come back to chapel hill was embarrassing.....and then he picks Auburn? I know they have a more recent Final Four than us, a better coach, and a more competitive conference but I just don’t get it fellas
I'm about as down on Hubert Davis as one can be. But your coach is Bruce Pearl, lol.

If being Bama's bottom bitch tickles his fancy, he found the right place!

We had absolutely ZERO chance at Kessler coming back to UNC until Hubert flatly stated he wanted the kid back at UNC. Now believe what you want but my understanding is that Hubert was expecting a public announcement yesterday that the kid was in fact coming back to UNC per what the kid told Hubert. But in the end, his mom simply wanted him closer to home and he visited Auburn yesterday and committed. I can understand that, hate it but is what it is.

Hubert did not beg anyone, shame on anyone for suggesting he did, he stated flatly he wanted the kid, that is not begging, that was simple stating the fact.

"better coach"? Exactly what is that based on, considering that Hubert has yet to coach a single one o four varsity games, how does anyone know how he will be as a coach? Oh, I know, you don't and I will tell you right now, if given the choice between the coach at Auburn and Hubert Davis, I 1000 times prefer Hubert!

And OMG, SEC has a couple of good seasons and all the sudden their fans think they are ACC level, they are not. IN fact, UNC is closer to being a annual contender for the crown in football than the SEC is in being a great basketball conference. For most of the SECs time they have been a 1 trick pony with Kentucky and a bunch of nothing programs that that thought they were relevant.

I just wonder what picture was painted for he, and his father, during his recruitment that obviously didn't come to pass? I know Hubert tried to get him back, but almost seems like he didn't have any trust in one of the current assistants taking over.
I seem to recall that it was a Luke Maye usage sales pitch. They even mentioned it when he made the surprise call for UNC. I think the new coach gave him some thoughts to stay, but in my opinion too much potential for negative repercussions from the fanbase made returning iffy at best.

Auburn is a good spot for him. I wish him well, unless they match up with the Tar Heels.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT