ADVERTISEMENT

Late Night With Hubert?

Steat

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Anything out there on what it will be called?

Since things have settled down somewhat and no cliff jumpers, a pump me up topic on the lighter side seems appropriate.

Perhaps posters have some suggestions.....

Last edited:
Anything out there on what it will be called?

Since things have settled down somewhat and no cliff jumpers, a pump me up topic on the lighter side seems appropriate.

Perhaps posters have some suggestions.....
Has to have another name, late night with Hubby don't work, not only a new name but the whole dang thing needs a fresh coat of paint. PLEASE do away with the cheezy skits, no one needs to see players dressed up as cheer leaders!

I would like to see a game between the current team and a team of former players, maybe a concert setting for team player introductions. How about words from former players, especially players that played last season, almost like senior night speeches that reflect on what playing for UNC has meant to them.

As for the night, I would submit, Tar Heel MANIA, as my suggestion for the name of the event because in reality, isn't that what it is anyway? LOL Make it a thing that recruits want to be a part of, something that a kid watches and says to himself, I want to be part of that. Something that kids (recruits) just want to go to even if playing for UNC isn't the most likely thing in their mind.

Has to have another name, late night with Hubby don't work, not only a new name but the whole dang thing needs a fresh coat of paint. PLEASE do away with the cheezy skits, no one needs to see players dressed up as cheer leaders!

I would like to see a game between the current team and a team of former players, maybe a concert setting for team player introductions. How about words from former players, especially players that played last season, almost like senior night speeches that reflect on what playing for UNC has meant to them.

As for the night, I would submit, Tar Heel MANIA, as my suggestion for the name of the event because in reality, isn't that what it is anyway? LOL Make it a thing that recruits want to be a part of, something that a kid watches and says to himself, I want to be part of that. Something that kids (recruits) just want to go to even if playing for UNC isn't the most likely thing in their mind.
Good thoughts, I like these!

Tar-Heel-Mania

I second that, brother!! It’s gonna be running wild!!!!

AC242-EB0-8-B7-E-4398-836-B-7326-B9389-DAB.gif

Last edited:
What you gonna do when the Tar Heel run wild on you???

Tar Heel Mania '21: This time it's personal!

Reactions: DaSheed
The Family Reunion

We obviously are intent on pushing this message. The hiring of Hubert (and really, with him being the only candidate), we proved that. So we might as well go full monty and really drive home the whole "family" thing. I like this. Especially if this is likely:

I love this. Obviously, we couldn't get current pros to attend and play in something like this. But who wouldn't want to Sheed posting up Mando? Or Shammond gunning 3s? Or Marv? Or Ray? Or the host of other guys we could get to come and have fun in an exhibition type atmosphere? I also really like the idea of brief speeches from former players. Like you said, some of the recent guys could do a version of a senior speech. Or everybody could talk about what it means to be a Tar Heel. It's definitely good will stuff like this that many former players who are moving into other careers need to keep their name out there and stay relevant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT