ADVERTISEMENT

Likely playing UVA/FSU in the 2nd game of the ACC tourney

gauchoheel

Hall of Famer
Jul 29, 2016
Most likely we'll have to play UVA. If FSU wins their last two games (vs BC and @ND) they're the #1 seed.

We fortunately are locked in ahead of dook. If we win OR Syracuse loses (vs Clemson) OR FSU wins both games then we're ahead of Cuse as well due to tiebreaker. We can't easily pass Clemson or GT due to losses to both, and they're both ahead . So it's very likely we're the #7 seed, playing one of the bottom feeders to start and then with a win we face UVA/FSU again.

Most likely we'll have to play UVA. If FSU wins their last two games (vs BC and @ND) they're the #1 seed.

We fortunately are locked in ahead of dook. If we win OR Syracuse loses (vs Clemson) OR FSU wins both games then we're ahead of Cuse as well due to tiebreaker. We can't easily pass Clemson or GT due to losses to both, and they're both ahead . So it's very likely we're the #7 seed, playing one of the bottom feeders to start and then with a win we face UVA/FSU again.

If dook beats us, wouldn’t they be seeded ahead of us? That would suck but wouldn’t a 10-8 record be a better record than 9-7? Correct me if I’m wrong. I’d like to think we’re going to take care of business & not have to worry about that anyway.

If dook beats us, wouldn’t they be seeded ahead of us? That would suck but wouldn’t a 10-8 record be a better record than 9-7? Correct me if I’m wrong. I’d like to think we’re going to take care of business & not have to worry about that anyway.
I think it goes by winning percentage this year, so 9-7 (.5625) is better than 10-8 (.5556)

Standings definitely unusual this season. UNC has only had 6 home conf games and played 9 on the road. GT and Dook have had 9 home and 7 and 8 away.

2nd game? The way this team plays I'd be worried about any game. This team can play with most anybody no named Gonzaga or Baylor. But they can also lose to most anyone out-of the Power 5 on a given night. Just depends on which team shows up, or if they are in the mood to play

Reactions: bobcrane14
Yup. Rest of the season should be considered win or go home for us! I do believe we will get a tourney nod even if we lose Sat, but I don't want to have to sweat out selection Sunday!

If Duke were to win wouldn’t UNC and Syracuse be tied at 9-7 and there be coin flip for 7th place which would make it possible for a back to back game vs Duke?

Really 2nd game of the Tournament? Should not count on anything this team does on the floor. Take one game at a time. The team has shown it can beat anybody, but lose to anybody on a given day.

This season is crazy. Cuse only has played 2 games against top 4 teams in current standings. They did not play FSU or Louisville. Against top 9 teams currently Cuse is 3-5 and UNC is 4-5 with dook to play. Plus Cuse got 2 games against BC while UNC had none. Under traditional tie-breaker against higher ranked opponents you have to go all the way down to Clemson at 6th - UNC was 0-1 and Cuse was 1-1.

We got really unlucky with our games that got cancelled! Clemmy, Va tech, and Miami all home games.. I think we go 3-0 there or at least 2-1 and get at least one good win for the resume, then BC away! I hope we would win that one..

Reactions: Heelicious
We got really unlucky with our games that got cancelled! Clemmy, Va tech, and Miami all home games.. I think we go 3-0 there or at least 2-1 and get at least one good win for the resume, then BC away! I hope we would win that one..
That's possible, I think 1-2 is every bit as possible though. I don't think we were unlucky at all, we got a HUGE break with Louisville as one of our few quad 1 wins, how they came into that game. The lack of quad 1 wins is glaring for this team. Would of given a couple more opportunities, but no guarantee those are wins. May have been a blessing.

That's possible, I think 1-2 is every bit as possible though. I don't think we were unlucky at all, we got a HUGE break with Louisville as one of our few quad 1 wins, how they came into that game. The lack of quad 1 wins is glaring for this team. Would of given a couple more opportunities, but no guarantee those are wins. May have been a blessing.

I just think we beat Clemson and Va tech at home! I feel ya tho, we’re so unpredictable

Give me fsu. (Not that I feel fantastic about that game but given the alternative..)When’s the last time anyone felt confident when Unc has played uva anytime in last 5 years? Idk the exact numbers but it sure feels like Bennett has beaten Roy like a rented mule.

I do not care who they play second because thinking ahead could be what happened on Monday against Syracuse when the team was looking ahead to Duke instead of clearly focusing on the Cuse.

I do not care who they play second because thinking ahead could be what happened on Monday against Syracuse when the team was looking ahead to Duke instead of clearly focusing on the Cuse.

i doubt message board posters looking ahead affects the team. Maybe though, they should do a study on it.SCIENCE.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC '92
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT