ADVERTISEMENT

LSU, Les agree to buyout

Why would Les settle? The only reason is because Les wants to settle (because he can get an immediate chunk sum AND move on to a different paid gig).

So what does this have to do with Bubba given we have no idea whether or not he's considered sweetening a buyout deal that gives Fed an immediate chunk?

Why so negative all the time for no reason?

Ya. It would imply that Fedora wouldn't be getting any FBS job, so the likelihood of him agreeing to a lesser buyout to be able to coach immediately would essentially be zero.
You keep trying to get me to take the bait. It’s cute.

Do you honestly think Fedora will never coach a P5 program again?

You keep trying to get me to take the bait. It’s cute

I certainly don't think he'd have a P5 offer within the timeline that his current deal runs through.

Maybe some shitty P5 team takes a flier on him well down the road if he can rebuild his reputation and agrees to have essentially a co-HC to handle the defense.

You keep trying to get me to take the bait. It’s cute.

Name me the AD who would know Fedora's record and be happy telling his boosters: 'This man will take us to the top of the conference.'

Facts to be considered: Fedora took over a USM program that was on a streak of 14 consecutive winning seasons. So Fedora going 7-6, 7-6, and 8-5 was barely average per the program he took over. Then he had the magic year of 12-2. And, poof, he was gone.

The year after Fedora left Southern Miss, the Golden Eagles dropped to 0-12.

If a program is left healthy, it cannot go from 12 wins to 12 losses in 1 season just because the HC left and was replaced by a very poor choice. Fedora left a program that was ripe to collapse.

Fedora inherited a UNC team coming off 5 consecutive winning seasons. So his 8-4, 7-6, 6-7 was below average per the program he inherited.

And then another magic season: 11-3. Of course, that year included losing to the worst SoCar team in 20 years (it lost to 1AA Citadel and was 3-9), and failure to beat any team that finished the year ranked.

Then 8-5 - meaning, more mediocrity per the program he inherited, made worse by the awful ending to the season.

And then 3-9 followed by no better than 3-8.

Even KU and Vandy and perhaps Rutgers football boosters would want to commit, or tar and feather, an AD for suggesting such insanity.

Then we think about Vic Koenning. He was a very good DC before working for Fedora. Under Fedora, he sucked. Now, under Neal Brown, he is a very good DC once again. What does that say about Fedora, especially the likelihood that he ever can deliver a D worth having?

ADVERTISEMENT