ADVERTISEMENT

Mack Brown getting props in this article

We’ve had some pretty good football teams in the past. We’re the most excited we’ve been in a long time. We had a good class last year and we are doing well so far in chasing the ‘21 class. With the upgrade we’ve had in our staff, and this tremendous spike in recruiting, I truly believe we can be the leader in contending for the Coastal.

A little ACC history. As you can see, UNC hasn’t won the ACC since 1980, so we’re obviously pumped.

ETA: I freakin’ can’t believe we’re 6th behind d00k and NVSU!!!!! Sheesh. We’re about to rectify that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Coast_Conference_football_champions

Last edited:
That Satterfield is on that very short list is the reason so many of us were very high on him - I wanted him. If Mack were to announce his retirement after this coming season, I would want Satterfield to replace him.

We’ve had some pretty good football teams in the past. We’re the most excited we’ve been in a long time. We had a good class last year and we are doing well so far in chasing the ‘21 class. With the upgrade we’ve had in our staff, and this tremendous spike in recruiting, I truly believe we can be the leader in contending for the Coastal.

A little ACC history. As you can see, UNC hasn’t won the ACC since 1980, so we’re obviously pumped.

ETA: I freakin’ can’t believe we’re 6th behind d00k and NVSU!!!!! Sheesh. We’re about to rectify that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Coast_Conference_football_champions
In 1980, I assumed that UNC would have at least as many ACC football championships in the '80s as in the '70s - 3. The 1981 team and the signing of Mark Maye kept me thinking the same way.

40 years is a long time between conference championships.

It's hard to say, but had we gone all in on football, we likely would've at least played for a couple titles.
If Mack had stayed, UNC almost certainly would have become the top dog in ACC football when FSU fell back to earth starting in 2001. Mack would have kept recruiting very well at the time that talent in NC began to expand. He would have out-recruited Beamer, which would have knocked the Hokies down a peg or two.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
Water under the proverbial bridge fellas. He’s back and will hopefully stay a few years before retiring. By then, we should be in a position to legitimately contend for ACC championships and a top tier bowl game. This old boy would love to see UNC win another conference title before he dies.

Water under the proverbial bridge fellas. He’s back and will hopefully stay a few years before retiring. By then, we should be in a position to legitimately contend for ACC championships and a top tier bowl game. This old boy would love to see UNC win another conference title before he dies.
Every coach has goals for himself, what he wants to achieve. I think there are 4 main goals that Mack would like to achieve before retiring:

1. 100 wins at UNC
2. 300 wins total
3. ACC championship, meaning he has won championships in 2 Major conferences
4. National Championship at UNC

The two preliminary goals he had ( to become the All Time Winningest Coach at UNC and to reach 250 wins) he accomplished in Year 1 back in Chapel Hill, which told him he could reach the main goals, including that biggest prize.

Reactions: Archer2
Every coach has goals for himself, what he wants to achieve. I think there are 4 main goals that Mack would like to achieve before retiring:

1. 100 wins at UNC
2. 300 wins total
3. ACC championship, meaning he has won championships in 2 Major conferences
4. National Championship at UNC

The two preliminary goals he had ( to become the All Time Winningest Coach at UNC and to reach 250 wins) he accomplished in Year 1 back in Chapel Hill, which told him he could reach the main goals, including that biggest prize.
All worthy goals. I hope he achieves them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT