ADVERTISEMENT

Marquette at UNC—-Wednesday 24 February 2021

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Which team will come out against Marquette? The team that mopped up the floor with a very rusted Louisville team last Saturday or the teams that came out flat on the road against Clemson, NC State and Georgia Tech. I like the first one since Carolina will be at home where they have yet to taste a defeat this season.

None of the current members of this team were even born yet when in 1977 Carolina had three major players in: LaGarde, Walter Davis and Phil Ford they could not play or were severely injured to the point they could barely participate against a fine Marquette team featuring Butch Lee. I am sure that Coach Williams remembers the bad taste in his mouth after that loss and although it has 44 years has not forgotten and he will want to win this for Coach Smith and his memory.

Although Marquette will start three guards they also two bigs up front who go 6’9 and 6’11. Garcia the 230 pound 6’11 freshman center leads the team in scoring will have his work tonight as he battles the Tar Heels 4 bigs in the paint.

We are about 2 for 40 so far. The shooting on this team is just awful.

Cane a layup and a Sharpe silly foul at the first tv timeout and the visitors lead 11-4. May have to put the second unit in to wake up the starters as they cannot put a beach ball in the ocean early.

How does this team come out like this almost every game ? Must be at least ten games this season they have fallen down big in first half

Davis drives hard to get the hole and gets mugged. At the line he drops one but Sharpe gets fouled on the second attempt. Sharpe 2 fts 14-9

I cringe with sharpe goes to the line not that anyone else is burning up the nets. Wow he made them both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT