ADVERTISEMENT

Marquette at UNC—-Wednesday 24 February 2021

What a Gawd awful terrible display by the ENTIRE team. Turnovers, missed FTS.... sound familiar??? LOUSY LOUSY shooting .... Tired of watching this garbage. I really do NOT want Brooks and PLatek to exercise their option to return next year

A GIANT step backwards

I WANT Black to exercise his early entrance into the next step of his career.

I’m not sure this has so much to do with coaching as it does simply our talent level and combined with basketball IQ
Marquette is every bit as good as UNC this year. They played a much tougher schedule, because the ACC is down compared to the Big East. It was a toss up game, Marquette making it a laugher is bad, but they have veteran guard play, and dominated this game throughout.

Marquette is every bit as good as UNC this year. They played a much tougher schedule, because the ACC is down compared to the Big East. It was a toss up game, Marquette making it a laugher is bad, but they have veteran guard play, and dominated this game throughout.

this game was very winnable simply by playing two Players much less and perhaps thinking of switching up the defensive strategy. Marquette isn’t good i don’t carewhat schedule they’ve played.

This is simply unacceptable. Blown out at home by Marquette. Stop making excuses for a poorly coached team.
Don't you know, no one is allowed to question ole roy on this forum!!!. Maybe these past couple seasons have opened roy's eyes and he steps away gracefully from coaching he ain't a spring chicken anymore and he could hand at least on paper a pretty talentened roster to a incoming coach to get him off to a fast start.

Reactions: gd15nc
So all the hating on black and others would you be mad if any entered the portal?

I don’t blame black necessarily I blame Roy for beating a dead horse and playing him absurd minutes. At times it loooks like he’s the focal point of the offense which is just unacceptable. So whileBlack is limited, it’s ultimately on Roy for not utilizing him the way he should be and asking way too much of him.

this “hes an upperclassman and I’m loyal” has gone way too far at times.

I don’t blame black necessarily I blame Roy for beating a dead horse and playing him absurd minutes. At times it loooks like he’s the focal point of the offense which is just unacceptable. So whileBlack is limited, it’s ultimately on Roy for not utilizing him the way he should be and asking way too much of him.

this “hes an upperclassman and I’m loyal” has gone way too far at times.

I’m no Roy but my opinion would be for black to play defense and when u have a layup take it ala Jackie manual

I really don’t understand Leaky Black. He looks like he’s going through the motions. And I must say....RJ game is just wild.

One more thought...a roster full of big men can’t hide the fact that we just don’t have enough shooters.

this game was very winnable simply by playing two Players much less and perhaps thinking of switching up the defensive strategy. Marquette isn’t good i don’t carewhat schedule they’ve played.
Not saying it wasn't winnable, but we weren't the clearly better team. It was a toss up matchup, very winnable. They kicked our ASS up and down the court, that is not okay. What 2 players played well, Brooks & Sharpe maybe? Two players cost us, please !!! They kicked our ASS across the board.

Last edited:
Pathetic performance. At this point I really wonder why Leaky still gets playing time. He gets lost and does little. UNC is out there trying to play pressure man to man with a team that has little lateral quickness and can't stay in front of the ball to save their lives. I was hoping that this thing was coming together a couple weeks back. But it isn't. Catching a stretch of really bad teams fooled us all. People talking about the NCAA path. It doesn't matter. This crowd would be lucky to get out of the first round.

I’m no Roy but my opinion would be for black to play defense and when u have a layup take it ala Jackie manual

exactly..that’s why I said I don’t blame leaky , even tho he looks totally disinterested at times I’m sure it’s his demeanor and he’s really trying
Like you said Roy could use him as a defensive type guy(although it’s pretty alarming how often he gets blown by on defense) or as a guy used in short spurts to spell someone. His 4 vs 5 on offense with him on the court, point blank fact.

If anyone thinks ANY of our players are ready to move to the NBA I have an island and a beach to sell you. It is pretty obvious to me, I can't imagine I am the only one to see this.
Didn't you hear Sharpe is a pro. Sharpe got a look at a pro tonight and it was Dawson Garcia. He scored at all 3 levels tonight and Sharpe couldn't dream of doing that right now.

Reactions: tarwhiz
Wow - terrible by all players and coaches. Every single one on the squad. Dead lifeless AF. No excuses. What did they think, this was like a bottom rung team? They've beaten Wisconsin this year. It seems they have better players, but still gave us every opportunity to get back in it if we played coherently and with some energy for more than two consecutive minutes. How we couldn't figure out to get it inside against this smaller team - I don't understand.

I don't like the attitude - look - of so many on this team. Like they all are PO'd at each other. Did not want to play at all. Like something deep is wrong within this team. Like nobody is having fun, or playing with even a hint of a spark.

Flat footed beaten to a lot of 50 50 balls. As discouraged as I've been at all this year.

Reactions: keysersosay#1
Marquette may have underachieved but that doesn’t matter all the committee will see is Unc lost to a sub 500 team at home and got taken to the woodshed. Horrid loss.

Didn't you hear Sharpe is a pro. Sharpe got a look at a pro tonight and it was Dawson Garcia. He scored at all 3 levels tonight and Sharpe couldn't dream of doing that right now.

sharpe didn’t have his best game but the efforts always there and he made some plays that kept us within distance at times.Hes the best prospect on this team right now, IMO.

exactly..that’s why I said I don’t blame leaky , even tho he looks totally disinterested at times I’m sure it’s his demeanor and he’s really trying
Like you said Roy could use him as a defensive type guy(although it’s pretty alarming how often he gets blown by on defense) or as a guy used in short spurts to spell someone. His 4 vs 5 on offense with him on the court, point blank fact.
Roy always says that BS when a player sucks. He tries to pump them up. "He's our best defender". Truth is mofo can't hit the broad side of a barn so he looks an excuse to keep playing them. GET WELL PUFF.

Marquette may have underachieved but that doesn’t matter all the committee will see is Unc lost to a sub 500 team at home and got taken to the woodshed. Horrid loss.
They look at what quad they are in, which takes into account who they played not just their record. Which works to our advantage since Louisville limping in is still a quality win as the quads go, and Marquette is bad, not horrid with quad worth. Losing at home to them does hurt more though.

The Heels are turning the ball over as much as they did in December. I can handle opposing teams hitting 3's. I cannot abide by the same 15-18 turnovers game after game.

Even if they made it to the NCAAT, they aren't going far.

UNC needs veteran PGs and shooters who can actually make their shots.

The Heels are turning the ball over as much as they did in December. I can handle opposing teams hitting 3's. I cannot abide by the same 15-18 turnovers game after game.

Your spot on and that's the bigger picture EVEN if they make the tournament, does it even matter, the chance of them coming out of the first weekend are slim to none anyway

sharpe didn’t have his best game but the efforts always there and he made some plays that kept us within distance at times.Hes the best prospect on this team right now, IMO.
Sharpe ALWAYS gives great effort and his ceiling is very high. He just isn't very skilled right now, and sadly we as Tar Heel fans will never see when he is.😔

Almost ever team that has beaten Carolina this season has had veteran guards who have embarrassed their green backcourt.

Reactions: Heelicious
Sharpe ALWAYS gives great effort and his ceiling is very high. He just isn't very skilled right now, and sadly we as Tar Heel fans will never see when he is.😔
He's gone, unless he just wants to come back.

Kessler will be really good next year. Probably would have been really good this year if he had gone to Marquette.

I don't see where Sharpe is gone. He plays an obsolete position in the NBA and is relatively undersized for it. He is very good. But, I don't see how he is gone. He wouldn't be a lottery pick. Caleb Love is still the only one who is likely a lock to leave.

They look at what quad they are in, which takes into account who they played not just their record. Which works to our advantage since Louisville limping in is still a quality win as the quads go, and Marquette is bad, not horrid with quad worth. Losing at home to them does hurt more though.

I mean if you want to parse words to that extent to make the loss seem better than it was have at it. Regardless if it’s a “quad 3 “ or “quad 4” loss it’s really hurts.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT