ADVERTISEMENT

Mask police

uncfootball-

Hall of Famer
Aug 2, 2019
I see several news outlets are making a big deal about the students on Franklin street after the game. Outside..
in the open.

With thousands of people inches apart......I think masks should be used

My problem is the inconsistency. Players lean on each other, grab, foul on the court but sit in chairs 6 feet apart off the court. THAT IS DUMB. Go in a restaurant with a mask on, take it off at the table when you sit down, put it on to leave.

Reactions: jeans15
Please.

This thread isn't about basketball.

Only the bench spacing comment (which I agree with) has been about basketball.

Did someone say spacing?

GettyImages-8872848061-e1609954500355.jpg

My problem is the inconsistency. Players lean on each other, grab, foul on the court but sit in chairs 6 feet apart off the court. THAT IS DUMB. Go in a restaurant with a mask on, take it off at the table when you sit down, put it on to leave.
The guys playing have been tested and cannot play until there is a negative result for the last 14 days. Whenever one person has come in contact, they can’t play for 14 days. Trace contacting is done daily by every program in Div. 1 and when a red flag comes up, the team gets shut down. Although it’s an awesome time to be a student and fan of UNC, the risk of COVID doesn’t go away when we beat Dook. Those are a bunch of ppl w unknown health statuses and being criticized is prolly well deserved. Same thing would be said ab Dook if they won.

They should all be arrested and thrown in prison! Six months behind bars will teach those kids! Surely, there is enough surveillance video to get most of them! What the hell were they thinking, going outside and celebrating?!?

Don't forget to shake your fist in the air and yell, "Stay off my lawn!" while you're at it.:rolleyes:

The guys playing have been tested and cannot play until there is a negative result for the last 14 days. Whenever one person has come in contact, they can’t play for 14 days. Trace contacting is done daily by every program in Div. 1 and when a red flag comes up, the team gets shut down. Although it’s an awesome time to be a student and fan of UNC, the risk of COVID doesn’t go away when we beat Dook. Those are a bunch of ppl w unknown health statuses and being criticized is prolly well deserved. Same thing would be said ab Dook if they won.

What does this have to do with them sitting 6 feet apart?

our governor took to the streets last yr with his mask hanging off his ear & it was ok for him .... why not students after celebrating a win
It wasn't OK for him.

Look, we're all human. We all sometimes do stupid things. This (both the governor and the celebrators after the Duke game) counts among those stupid things. We all know that, even if we don't like it. The question really is how upset should we get about it?

More Americans have died from COVID than died in WWII.

If that doesn't justify getting upset at stupid behavior, how many deaths do you think is the right number?

It wasn't OK for him.

Look, we're all human. We all sometimes do stupid things. This (both the governor and the celebrators after the Duke game) counts among those stupid things. We all know that, even if we don't like it. The question really is how upset should we get about it?

If that doesn't justify getting upset at stupid behavior, how many deaths do you think is the right number?

More Americans have been designated as dying from "Covid 19". There is a ton of money per death for a hospital. I heard $70 grand. Per.... Acute respiratory Covid 19 can be deadly, but do not bet the value of your resident on government statistics. Money talks, cash screams! Also, researchers have found (Virginia Tech health department) that people with "Positive" type blood are less susceptible to the illness. He said they didn't know why at that point but it was a reoccurring trend.

I don't even know how to respond to people who say such ridiculous things. How is that relevant or what it is supposed to mean? If anything, it devalues the lives that were given in defending freedom and makes it sound like this virus is the end of the world. It creates panic and is the exact type of fearmongering that has sent many people to depression, drug addiction and suicide. It's time we give it a rest.

If you are healthy and college aged, the chances of you becoming infected and needing medical treatment is astonishingly low.

More Americans have been designated as dying from "Covid 19". There is a ton of money per death for a hospital. I heard $70 grand. Per.... Acute respiratory Covid 19 can be deadly, but do not bet the value of your resident on government statistics. Money talks, cash screams! Also, researchers have found (Virginia Tech health department) that people with "Positive" type blood are less susceptible to the illness. He said they didn't know why at that point but it was a reoccurring trend.

I have a close personal friend who's mother died from a stroke. She was 86. The hospital costs was 77K. When they were at the hospital accounts dept speaking about her final bill they were told if they signed a form that stated his moms death was Covid related he would owe NOTHING. He refused and is now making payments to the hospital. He tried to get his phone out to take a picture of the form but it was quickly withdrawn and discarded.
Believe the Fauci''s and Birx's all you want to but Covid is Big Business for these hospitals.

I have a close personal friend who's mother died from a stroke. She was 86. The hospital costs was 77K. When they were at the hospital accounts dept speaking about her final bill they were told if they signed a form that stated his moms death was Covid related he would owe NOTHING. He refused and is now making payments to the hospital. He tried to get his phone out to take a picture of the form but it was quickly withdrawn and discarded.
Believe the Fauci''s and Birx's all you want to but Covid is Big Business for these hospitals.

Lol if that story were true then your friend would be the dumbest SOB in history.

Reactions: itstartedwithmj

does the risk of Covid go away when taking an avatar selfie with what appears to be people above the age of 50 not wearing masks??

Reactions: uncfootball-
Beating a .500 team is no excuse to celebrate in the streets in a normal year. They should be reprimanded for not following protocol. Appears to be an Honor Code Violation

does the risk of Covid go away when taking an avatar selfie with what appears to be people above the age of 50 not wearing masks??
Sir that is my family who has taken multiple Covid tests each even prior to when this “avatar selfie???” was taken. Old heads needa chill ;)

Lol if that story were true then your friend would be the dumbest SOB in history.
What IS true is that the son of a close friend of mine who worked at a hospital filed a charge of fraud against the hospital because he discovered that all of his hours were being coded as COVID-related when in fact he had absolutely nothing to do with COVID. As you might imagine, "his position was eliminated" very soon thereafter.

I don't believe we are getting anything close to accurate reporting about COVID.

You’re entitled to your opinion. Masks should be worn in public until the majority of the country gets a vaccine

“2 weeks to flatten the curve”.. nvm
“We are all in this together “.. nvm
“Yes the vaccine works but u can stil spread it so keep wearing those disgusting flimsy masks that everyone throws on the ground after using”.. wtf?
“If it’s such a deadly virus shouldn’t there be red biohazard receptacles to place said filthy masks in after use?”.. don’t ask too many questions.
“How is it players can slobber and sweat and grab all over each other but have to wear the silly masks while depriving themselves of precious oxygen on the bench?” STOP THINKING AND ASKING QUESTIONS

“Has the vaccine been rigorously tested in animals like every other drug .. like ever?”.. now you’re just being difficult. Get in line and take the ****ing shot like a good slave

From Point Break, right? But maybe you're too young to remember that movie. I don't even recall all of it, or if it was that good. I just remember they all had different past president masks, including this one.

From Point Break, right? But maybe you're too young to remember that movie. I don't even recall all of it, or if it was that good. I just remember they all had different past president masks, including this one.

Love Point Break. Saw it for the first time a few years ago, quality movie.

ADVERTISEMENT